The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chychrun or Dahlin?

Rate this topic

Alflives

Trade for Chychrun or Dahlin?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

I'd go for Chychrun. 4.6m x3 is pretty good. 

1st + Boeser + Rathbone. Sure if that's what it takes.

Hmm... love Chychrun, but not sure I'd do that.

Van: Boeser + Rathbone + 2nd 2023

for

NYI: Dobson + Wahlstrom + 1st 2022

Edited by nergish

Assuming he passes the physical, Chychrun. No doubt. It also depends on what "extra" means in this case. I do figure a 1st is in the mix, as well as some other prospects etc.

How many scoring guys do the Canucks need on the left side? Chychrun can fill that bill, and to my mind he can also do things which Dahlin can't (do as well... probably). And he costs less (on his current contract).

If the Canucks do go after Dahlin, they may as well trade Hughes (or try to convince Ekman-Larsson to waive, and then send him somewhere with a 50% retention ++). The team could also insert Rathbone in place of Hughes, because Rathbone is such a prolific scorer...

regards,  D.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I'd go for Chychrun. 4.6m x3 is pretty good. 

1st + Boeser + Rathbone. Sure if that's what it takes.

They are in a full tear down rebuild - everyone is available.  Boeser is not going to interest them.  He's even older than Chychrun and has even less years to UFA.  They are looking for futures.

Okay, I get that some folks like the player, but is anyone seriously saying Chyckrun is a better player than Dahlin or will be better in 5 years?  

The coyotes weren’t terrible a few years ago, they weren’t good either… but they had more than Buffalo and since Buffalo is about deadsville for 1st OA picks atm…. 

Dahlin and never think twice.  

Pronger struggled in Hartford guys.. he didn’t show his game until he was traded to the Blues.  

Hedman struggled in his first years.  

if the farm is sold, give my Dahlin on the Right side over Chyckrun.  

Pair him with OEL or Hughes and give Myers the other and we have a very good team.  

With the surplus of D men there is a depth package and some decent young players and a good player or great player to be had plus picks if Rutherford wants to plug a hole ir find a different balance.  

Spend it on the best possible player and don’t look back.  Or don’t spend it and wait for folks to approach you.  

Vancouver might be in a position to have the assets to make a big move and with Bruce as coach, players could be more likely to waive to come over.   

I imagine Dahlin would be really happy to play with Pettersson, Hoglander and OEL and having fun, than what ever Buffalo has going on.  

Edited by Phat Fingers

6 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

does Dahlin play left?

RHD on on the left pretty interesting.

I know a lot of wingers play of their off wing but not many rhd. Maybe I just don't pay too much attention to them.

he's a left shot so I'm assuming thats where we'd use him, not on his off side. If we're going to do that, we might as well use Hughes that way since he's possibly the best defensive skater in the league. 

It sounds like Dahlin on the right side is a bit of an experiment: https://notedhockey.substack.com/p/rasmus-dahlin-and-playing-the-offhand

Good player though, its just I don't think the cost would be worth it to our overall team building. Buffalo would want the equivalent, at least, of two 1sts and probably a good prospect too and we just can't afford it. 

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

he's a left shot so I'm assuming thats where we'd use him, not on his off side. If we're going to do that, we might as well use Hughes that way since he's possibly the best defensive skater in the league. 

It sounds like Dahlin on the right side is a bit of an experiment: https://notedhockey.substack.com/p/rasmus-dahlin-and-playing-the-offhand

Good player though, its just I don't think the cost would be worth it to our overall team building. Buffalo would want the equivalent, at least, of two 1sts and probably a good prospect too and we just can't afford it. 

oh what my bad. For some reason I thought he was a righty. 

I'd rather go for Dobson tbh. Would cost a lot less and he's actually a right-hand, right side defenceman. 

• Vintage 2