The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Ruins my Saturday night a little bit, but it's about people staying safe. Lots of other things to do. Looking forward to a rested Canucks team once they get going again.

The Canucks D depth is getting exposed here, even though they've won games. You know it's rough when a possibly healthy Poolman gets people excited. I wonder if Rutherford makes a deal to bring in another Dman sooner rather than later. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

League. I guess 5-6 players is the tipping point? 

Yeah I thought it was the league too. I would guess the league looks at it holistically on a game by team basis*.

*or if the the Leafs can't ice their best players they can cancel at their own discretion.

Hey, at least they didn't just award the Leafs 3 points for the win!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ruins my Saturday night a little bit, but it's about people staying safe. Lots of other things to do. Looking forward to a rested Canucks team once they get going again.

The Canucks D depth is getting exposed here, even though they've won games. You know it's rough when a possibly healthy Poolman gets people excited. I wonder if Rutherford makes a deal to bring in another Dman sooner rather than later. 

Time to get Tryamkin to buy out his contract and come over. Imagine that giant Russian body-crushing Matthews so hard that even his BFF Justin Bieber feels it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Every teams depth is exposed during these times, not just ours.….   And then we expose our farm players to the possibility of contracting what’s going on in the bigs..

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All data indicates Omicron is mild.  We are being cautious, which is good.  But this is the endgame variant.  

“Encouraging news out of South Africa’s MOH this morning. Age-controlled data regarding Omicron severity. ACROSS ALL AGES, death rates among hospitalized patients are 2/3 LOWER in the Omicron wave. In addition, hospitalization rates have FALLEN 91% in the Omicron wave.”Thread

Not one report is calling this endgame yet . We all hope it is but really could we not create one single covid thread and push all of these kind of items to there ?

Weaker reactions or not the nhl is not going to let positive players play and nor will other players be willing to play against them

The only hockey related portion of this is that this should mean a quicker return to play as players won't have as many symptoms still lingering once they test negative

2 minutes ago, rotiman187 said:

To think they said almost 99% of the league is vaccinated. And here we are. 

We've been through this. Vaccinations aren't 100% foolproof in preventing covid, but it largely reduces hospitalizati... nah I can't do this anymore. I can't type this out for the millionth time.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1