The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks Dec. 29/21 7:30 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Need some Boudreau f bombs in intermission.

They’re falling back into their old trap of trying to make too many passes.

Shoot the puck every chance you get. Other guys go to the net and get the rebound (if there is one).

Wonder if we’ll see Chiasson replaced after that period. He’s trying way too hard to be a skilled guy when he’s not.

If you've got the team's top points getter barreling down center ice driving the net, why wouldn't you pass?

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It wasn’t even a bad period just wasn’t very smooth 

Killed a couple of penalties, some good zone time, generated some turnovers but didn’t shoot. Defensive breakdown costed us that goal.

Wasn’t a bad period at all, especially coming back from this 2 week break. Not sure what some people were expecting. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Need some Boudreau f bombs in intermission.

They’re falling back into their old trap of trying to make too many passes.

Shoot the puck every chance you get. Other guys go to the net and get the rebound (if there is one).

Wonder if we’ll see Chiasson replaced after that period. He’s trying way too hard to be a skilled guy when he’s not.

Chaisson shoots when he has options  passes when no one is available and he has a clear shot on net.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

that is my living room, but i usually end up watching the 55 in the bedroom or my 22 inch second monitor here in the office...wife hates when i put a game on in her office, lol, I also have a 32 inch tv here in the office for when the Raiders play AND the canucks play...its a rough life i tell ya.

You live a rough life! :lol:

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Cause it was a low percentage pass.

Shot and rebound can get the job done even more effectively.

Shot and a rebound is also a low percentage play though. It wasn't a terrible idea, just lacked execution. Goalies these days are so good at rebound control, getting one to die in the slot unscreened is just so rare these days.