The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Dec. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Awesome win last night.

From an opposing teams point of view , which line do you focus on? Pettersson, Horvat or Miller.

They keep pressuring one shift after the other

The Garland / OEL trade is paying serious dividends in the last 7 games man!

To me the absolute strength of the Boudreau era has been his reconstituted forward lines. Each line has a particular strength that he can use during games. The top 3 lines all have a scoring threat. Of particular note is his Heavies: Pearson-Miller-Boeser combo. Hoping that Boeser is doing OK and will rejoin the club for the Seattle game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, JM_ said:

If we can add another F with size and another top 4 RHD we'll be a legit playoff team.

Get er dun, JR.

We are a legit playoff team now.   Don't mess with anything and just wait and see how things unfold.   Time to add would be near the trade deadline, or if we claw our way into a playoff spot, and injuries create some trouble.   It's an exciting  time to be a fan ... hope we get to 11plus and set a new record, it would be an absolute statement.    Gibson did his best to stop the streak, and we will for sure run into other goalies on the way that will try the same.   Our team is a scary team for others right now.   Already considered a dark horse.   Not only to make the playoffs,  because if we do we are going to scare the f!ck out of whomever we play against first.   Kind of hope it's Vegas.   Nothing would make me happier then watching Stone, Patches and Eichel cry.   

Edit:  And yes i agree, if we are in a playoff spot near the deadline, go for it! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

This team really just needed to play to their strengths more.  Having them back in, allowing other teams to waltz through the neutral zone, etc. put them in a position of weakness that they had to fight back from, rather than asserting more of a position of strength where they went "at" the other team.  Attacking in 3 zones rather than allowing them to enter our zone and then trying to scramble to get the puck out, often after Demko was peppered with shots.  It's been a glaring contrast to see them forcing other teams to turnover the puck and stripping it away rather than just trying to intercept it.  

Telling guys like Petey and Brock to just shoot....not overwhelming them with a bunch of strategy but allowing them to play the game on instinct rather than  (over) think the game.  Giving Petey the green light to play more and try different things in a move to let him play through his stuff rather than sit and overthink it all.

Bruce's simplicity in it all rather than a complicated bunch of instructions that seemed to leave the team confused and stationary as they figured it out on the ice.  Mostly they just needed to build some confidence and Bruce's cheerleader type enthusiasm and support was a welcome change.  I liked TG, but his frustration came shining through at the end as he just didn't have the answers.  He was in over his head and often his interviews showed that he'd all but given up.  Had resorted to the fact that this was what they were.  A change was long overdue and salvaging the season seemed impossible...but these guys are giving it a go and it's freakin' awesome.  I always had faith in the team and knew they were capable of more.  It's kind of remarkable the extent they're showing that....wow.  

How fun is this forum the last 7 game am I right? Lol. Its nice to be rid of the black cloud that hung over here, none worse than after the losses to the Avs, knights and Pens.

Winning is fun!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

This team really just needed to play to their strengths more.  Having them back in, allowing other teams to waltz through the neutral zone, etc. put us in a position of weakness that we had to fight back from, rather than asserting more of a position of strength where they went "at" the other team.  Attacking in 3 zones rather than allowing them to enter our zone and then trying to scramble to get the puck out.  It's been a glaring contrast to see them forcing other teams to turnover the puck rather than trying to intercept it.  

Telling guys like Petey and Brock to just shoot....not overwhelming them with a bunch of strategy but allowing them to play the game on instinct rather than  (over) think the game.  Giving Petey the green light to play more and try different things in a move to let him play through his stuff rather than sit and overthink it all.

Bruce's simplicity in it all rather than a complicated bunch of instructions that seemed to leave the team confused and stationary as they figured it out on the ice.  Mostly they just needed to build some confidence and Bruce's cheerleader type enthusiasm and support was a welcome change.  I liked TG, but his frustration came shining through at the end as he just didn't have the answers.  He was in over his head.  A change was long overdue and salvaging the season seemed impossible...but these guys are giving it a go.  I always had faith in the team and knew they were capable of more.  It's kind of remarkable the extent that is happening....wow.  

This is true, Bruce relieved the team of all the stress and gave them a fresh start.   Greens complex contributions did create better habits 5 x 5 this year, and they don't go away as soon as a new coach arrived.   I'm super happy with the change of style.   And look forward to the adjustments Bruce will make over time, he's a great coach.   Definitely more fun to win, and enjoy his camera work, lovable, affable and fun.    I'm happy we got a clean slate from top to bottom,  a way more sane org board too.  How's JB supposed to, or anyone for that matter, get the best out of his team when the owners are basically acting Presidents?   The Aqua's at least figured that out too, and are investing in 3 AGMs , a President and a GM.   That's a winning formula.   Let the hockey people do what they do best, and don't saddle a GM with all the work.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

100% and  how blind was I lol but for me once I was able to see how they played away from TG it became noticeable right away.

What bugs me is Benning brings in Shsw but TG acts like a dick basically wasting a great asset that Jim brought in to help him.

That's the epitome of dumb.

When did TG act like a Dick to Shaw? Source? Or your speculating?

TG is gone, imho let it be, move on.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Had an uncle in Revelstoke, every Christmas me and my pops would drive to Winterpeg and stop off to visit him.

One my all time favorite places, there all the way to Golden the views along Roger's pass is breathtaking.

My dad everything we passed through Field he would tell me the story of the avalanche that killed the entire town save 1 little girl who he grew up with in Flin- Flon. Dad's and their stories lol.

Flin-Flon.  Go Bobby Clark.    Golden is breathtaking as is the Rogers pass.   Invermere too.   The Kootenays are probably my favourite but have lots of reason's  for that, the Okanagon is something too, as is the Shuswap area.   So many special spots.  Creston.   Casltegar.   Nelson.   B.C.  is breathtaking in a lot of places.     Revelstoke is where one of my uncles lived too.   Pretty cool spot,  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

I don't think there was anything written about Green treating Shaw badly but their was a report that the players said they weren't sure what Shaw's job was. Green didn't seem to use him. He did not have a defined responsibility.

The defense looks like they were reborn under Shaw. I think it is the biggest change for the club. 

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I don't know but I called out a couple of them who said this team was horrible and needed a rebuild.  Tagged them both but no response.  Nice to see one of them be silent after bullying everyone on here who had an ounce of defence for JB.  It was pretty clear that coaching was the issue but JB couldn't pull the trigger to save his job when it really counted.  Boudreau has been awesome.

After all, maybe JB was too nice to be a successful GM? And to loyal to his players and coaches?

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

Come on. One can see just how little influence Shaw had during the games. A defensive minded coach was under a questionable defensive coach in Baumer. That says it all about TG. A coach that doesn't know how to maximize what he has. It actually reflects how poor he handled his rosters actually. You could have a Vezina-like goaltender like Demko and Green would find a way to make the team look like trash.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We are a legit playoff team now.   Don't mess with anything and just wait and see how things unfold.   Time to add would be near the trade deadline, or if we claw our way into a playoff spot, and injuries create some trouble.   It's an exciting  time to be a fan ... hope we get to 11plus and set a new record, it would be an absolute statement.    Gibson did his best to stop the streak, and we will for sure run into other goalies on the way that will try the same.   Our team is a scary team for others right now.   Already considered a dark horse.   Not only to make the playoffs,  because if we do we are going to scare the f!ck out of whomever we play against first.   Kind of hope it's Vegas.   Nothing would make me happier then watching Stone, Patches and Eichel cry.   

Edit:  And yes i agree, if we are in a playoff spot near the deadline, go for it! 

we are a good team, but we're too thin to survive a full run imo once the heavier playoff games begin. I just think we need one more big, skilled body up front and some shoring up of the right side for a solid run.

• Cheers 3