The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Wow, that's actually stunning. I guess they're really betting on our streak continuing, or at least this level of hockey to continue.

To go from 7% to a better than 50% chance in 7 games truly is jaw-dropping. I don’t think this is crazy though, which is the wildest part. Look at our stats since Bruce came on. All top 10 in the NHL or better. Unless that suddenly does an abrupt u turn we’re going to win more games then we lose.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wonder if other MHL or their parents clubs do this for other players that came up through their programs? 

I think it's cool that a lot of the KHL teams have their own JR clubs and programs for pee wee and bantam ages as well.

Hockey is free in Russia,these academies along with the government pay and supply equipment and in return the ones who are good enough sign a 2 year minimum contract to play in Russia and commit to playing internationally. 

Personally I think that's awesome that it's not just the middle to upper class kids who get a chance to play.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could easily be no fans pretty quick and for several months.  

I was listening to IMac on the radio yesterday.

He was saying that the league will try not to have that. Would probably cancel the season before doing any kind of bubble/no fans games.

Due to economic reasons.

• Sad 1

Canucks looked rusty last game, and the Ducks had many good scoring chances. Thank goodness for Demko. I wasn't too confident they'd pull off the win, but sure is great they did. The streak continues.  Canucks are going to have to be much better tonight with Halak in net. GCG!

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could easily be no fans pretty quick and for several months.  

This aint going away over night. Its just going to be the new normal until probably the summer. 

I don't really have anything to worry about being 22 and fully vaxed but I am making sure I'm taking good care of my body and boosting my immune system. 14 people I know have tested positive in the last 72 hours. Its everywhere. I don't think  I knew of 14 people having it since covid started until this latest variant