The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

32 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bored, already waiting.

Shoveled snow for 4 hours (was awesome).  Went up and did the deck...came in with my boots on and BOOM, slipped on the kitchen floor.  Bit it, big time.  Everything hurts, including my pride.  So I'm just....waiting.  Safely sitting here, not moving.

5 more hours to go!

You must have a hell of a driveway. Mine takes about an hour.

Embalm yourself with A-535, or whiskey..........

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

The Maple Whiskey in the leaf bottle is the best I've ever had

Edited by AbbyNux
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't see why others don't notice how Pearson hustles out there.  Right before he scored (the shift prior to) he was flying out there.

I like him.  Am I missing something?

I think some folks are still sore about the contract he got. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

The Maple Whiskey in the leaf bottle is the best I've ever had

It is damn good. Best I've had is you take Crown Northern Harvest and add your own maple syrup. Shake well and leave in freezer/fridge over night. 

Serve over ice and get quite the buzz after the proper amount.  ;)

10 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I live in a strata (that is so lame they don't do any snow removal!).  I started with my driveway then just kept going.  Another neighbour came out and helped me (we only did our block...the rest of the slackers are on council and can do their own!).

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks looked rusty last game, and the Ducks had many good scoring chances. Thank goodness for Demko. I wasn't too confident they'd pull off the win, but sure is great they did. The streak continues.  Canucks are going to have to be much better tonight with Halak in net. GCG!

You watched some other game cause that wasn't the Canucks.  Maybe slightly rusty in the first but even then they had a 65% expected goals that period.  They were the downright dominant force the next two periods after that.  The Ducks were lucky they had Gibson in net.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Canucks should hire whoever is doing these tweets and bring them to do the same in, and for, Vancouver

I only see tweets posted here, but I've yet to see a bad one from that source.

34 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Boots with good grip?

Good to see you around DIBdaQUIB.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

This aint going away over night. Its just going to be the new normal until probably the summer. 

I don't really have anything to worry about being 22 and fully vaxed but I am making sure I'm taking good care of my body and boosting my immune system. 14 people I know have tested positive in the last 72 hours. Its everywhere. I don't think  I knew of 14 people having it since covid started until this latest variant  

I must be one of the lucky ones.  Literally noone I know has tested positive for Covid at any point during the pandemic.  None of my friends, family, extended relatives, former friends and acquaintances, workplace buddies, clients etc.  I find it weird how Covid seems to have been in everyone else's lives, but the only experience I've had with it is all the shutdowns and restrictions.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I don't see why others don't notice how Pearson hustles out there.  Right before he scored (the shift prior to) he was flying out there.

I like him.  Am I missing something?

Most people only care about points and focus too much on the obvious mistake (in Pearson's case whiffing on chances and in Myer's case making a really bad pass) even though both make a ton of really good small things that are better than their replacements all the time that only get noticed by the people who watch them play fully.

• Cheers 1