The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

9 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

You watched some other game cause that wasn't the Canucks.  Maybe slightly rusty in the first but even then they had a 65% expected goals that period.  They were the downright dominant force the next two periods after that.  The Ducks were lucky they had Gibson in net.

Well, Horvat could've had 5 goals, same with Garland. Chiasson and Dickinson weren't very good. Pettersson was getting beat in puck battles again and his speed is an issue. He's got zero acceleration. They got a lot more shots than ANA, but the whiffing on shots or double-clutching the stick before shooting. They didn't look great. Glad they got the win. 

Gibson saved ANA, like Demko saved VAN. Gibson's mistake was not coming out to play that puck. Close one, the Ducks still got a point. Canucks can do better, and they will. 

11 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I must be one of the lucky ones.  Literally noone I know has tested positive for Covid at any point during the pandemic.  None of my friends, family, extended relatives, former friends and acquaintances, workplace buddies, clients etc.  I find it weird how Covid seems to have been in everyone else's lives, but the only experience I've had with it is all the shutdowns and restrictions.

I know of one person who has gotten Covid. He was double vac'ed but 83 years old. In hospital for 5 days and had 02. Doing just fine other than a vision problem. My niece works as a RN in the hospital and they have never been 'swamped'. I went to EM back in late October for a non Covid problem. I virtually walked into the EM ward as there was nobody there. I couldn't believe it. 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks looked rusty last game, and the Ducks had many good scoring chances. Thank goodness for Demko. I wasn't too confident they'd pull off the win, but sure is great they did. The streak continues.  Canucks are going to have to be much better tonight with Halak in net. GCG!

Honestly I had a little bit worry in the first period;

I feel we will win in the second period;

Finally, Pearson scored in the third period;

Miller got the GMG in the first minute of OT period.

Let's cheer for the 8th winning streak to-night.

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I know of one person who has gotten Covid. He was double vac'ed but 83 years old. In hospital for 5 days and had 02. Doing just fine other than a vision problem. My niece works as a RN in the hospital and they have never been 'swamped'. I went to EM back in late October for a non Covid problem. I virtually walked into the EM ward as there was nobody there. I couldn't believe it. 

You certainly can't be talking about VGH. Prior to covid I was on a gurney for 2 hours in a hallway. Because they didn't have room in the ER. On top of it there was a fist fight between a guy two gurney's down from me with his brother in law. Nurse went in to break it up. The PA announced for security. The guard showed up 10 minutes later

(A guy in his 60's) He shrugged, and walked away. 

Story #2. About 8 years ago I was cutoff riding my motorcycle. I braked and swerved to avoid the jerk in front of me. Hit the sidewalk. Dropped the bike. I flipped over the bars. Dinged my ribs on the bar I think. Got BCAA to get my bike and me home. Tried to sleep. My ribs were killing me. 

At 6 am I couldn't stand it. Took a cab to Richmond General. Prior to covid. Waited two hours for a doctor to see me. She goes "Your blood pressure is a little high". I go "Maybe something to do with me being in pain with my ribs, which is why I'm here!".  Then the doctor says. "Well if you want an x-ray its 2-3 more hours..". I'm like could you give me something to take the edge off? She goes no. I told her never mind then. 

Got changed. Went to White Spot for breakfast and waited until the drug store opened. Got my self some Advil. Then went home.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Depends on where you are I guess.

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We had a 31 year old parent at my school die of COVID and one of my good friends was close enough, this past summer, that she was given a "do not resuscitate" form to sign.  She told me the entire floor at KGH, at least, was full of COVID patients, multiple to a room and that's what local news was telling us as well

• Sad 2

One of the most telling turnarounds I've seen so far is this.  While obviously our PK has been much better, our PP has been too, and this shows how drastically better it is.  Despite us now getting fewer Power Play minors per game than our opponents, we have completely turned it around where we are now having way more shots/60 on our PP than shots against/60 on our PK.

pp.PNG

My dad’s heart surgery in Kelowna was delayed because of the overwhelming unvaxxed Covid cases taking all the beds.

And also, for those who believe they’re more intelligent than science:

87BEBDEE-46D7-4DC3-8E63-50D57283AED0.jpeg

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Smart.

Wonder what Netflix shows Boeser’s watching in his hotel in Anaheim.

This has a Home Alone vibe to it. I like to picture them on a plane flying home and realizing Boeser isn’t on the plane. :lol:

So he's flying on a regular plane home? Ouch

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

My dad’s heart surgery in Kelowna was delayed because of the overwhelming unvaxxed Covid cases taking all the beds.

My cousin in Alberta with late stage cancer couldn't get treatment as the machinery she needed to possibly extend her life by years was tied up by covid patients. 

• Huggy Bear 4

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

My cousin in Alberta with late stage cancer couldn't get treatment as the machinery she needed to possibly extend her life by years was tied up by covid patients. 

That's the sort of stuff that makes my blood boil. I hope these people are happy that they've risked everyone else's personal safety in favor of their utter selfishness and stupidity. They cry and moan that it's "their decision" but are unwilling to except the consequences of their actions, gladly taking up hospital beds and resources when things go sideways.

Edited by nowhereman

3 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Seems strange they would fly to Seattle.  They save maybe an hour by flying over taking the bus.  It would make more sense to meet at the rink, test, do their skate at home, shower, dress, jump on the bus and drive to Seattle.

Safer and more reliable especially with the road conditions.

Also easier to enjoy a post game meal on a plane.