The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

REFEREES

Garrett Rank #7
GR07.jpg
Tom Chmielewski #18
TC18.jpg
Games ’21-22 28 29
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 52 / 6 51 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 405 / 3 368 / 0
First NHL Game 1/15/15 4/8/14
Birthplace Elmira, ON Scott AFB, IL

LINESMEN

Kyle Flemington #55
KF55.jpg
Vaughan Rody #73
VR73.jpg
Games ’21-22 32 28
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 53 / 0 48 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 114 / 0 1188 / 24
First NHL Game 10/18/19 10/8/00
Birthplace Parkhill, ON Winnipeg, MB
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

We had a 31 year old parent at my school die of COVID and one of my good friends was close enough, this past summer, that she was given a "do not resuscitate" form to sign.  She told me the entire floor at KGH, at least, was full of COVID patients, multiple to a room and that's what local news was telling us as well

I think a lot of people forget how bad the initial wave of COVID was.  New York was the canary in the coal mine, their hospitals were full to overflowing.  They brought in refrigerated semis to hold the overflow dead.  They set up field hospitals.  Ambulances were lined up around the block with COVID patients.  Hospital staff MacGyvered extra outputs for vents, used CPap and other similar machines as vents, used trash bags as PPE, it was horrific!  Many thousands of people died at home from COVID for lack of hospital beds, which probably led to a massive undercount.  I know a woman who lives in the Bronx who said the ambulance sirens never stopped for weeks.  Imagine if that wave had been as transmissible and deadly as Delta.  Where I live north of Seattle, our major hospital was full during the Delta wave.  Not so much now.  I was in the ER on Xmas day for a fairly minor mishap and only saw one obvious COVID patient come in while I was in the waiting room.  Either we're in the lag time between infections and hospitalizations, or as hoped Omicron while being more than twice as transmissible as Delta causes less serious illness, especially if your vaxxed.   

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Safer and more reliable especially with the road conditions.

Also easier to enjoy a post game meal on a plane.

I guess.  I sometimes get nostalgic for my bus rides back in Junior, but the plane is a lot more comfortable.  They'll be in the air for maybe 40 minutes, so I doubt they'll get the meal on the plane.

• Cheers 1

So we are still in december, We are freaking .500.. Just out of playoffs reach..  daaaaammmmmnnn... Peanut butter and jaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm...

Hopefully jimmy brings in some big boys for the playoffs becausenat this point i find it hard to believe we go back to playing like the start of the year. Probably cool down but even a 2-1 win ratio from here on out with the odd win streak would be enough for the show

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Seems strange they would fly to Seattle.  They save maybe an hour by flying over taking the bus.  It would make more sense to meet at the rink, test, do their skate at home, shower, dress, jump on the bus and drive to Seattle.

When I was 12 Air Canada went on strike as My Mom and I were visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Toronto. So the trip back was:

- United to Toronto to Chicago. 

- United from Chicago to Seattle.

- Wait 10 hours at Sea-Tac

Late night flight with Pacific Western, from Seattle, to Victoria. Our baggage checked through customs ( So we were out on the tarmac for about 15 minutes)

Then from Victoria to Vancouver. 

Never want to go through anything like that again. 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Normally I’m extremely against tanking. Bedard is one of those few soon to be generational McDavid, Crosby, Ovi like players that is extremely rare and makes me question my stance.

when we win the cup this year! we will tank for Bedard. That will be the last gift GM JR will give us and set us for a Dynasty

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When I was 12 Air Canada went on strike as My Mom and I were visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Toronto. So the trip back was:

- United to Toronto to Chicago. 

- United from Chicago to Seattle.

- Wait 10 hours at Sea-Tac

Late night flight with Pacific Western, from Seattle, to Victoria. Our baggage checked through customs ( So we were out on the tarmac for about 15 minutes)

Then from Victoria to Vancouver. 

Never want to go through anything like that again. 

That's rough!

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh hai

image.png

Auston who?

image.png

Depending if we make the playoffs, And if the miller / horvat combo are deadly.. I think i put my chips in that basket and go for the run with these guys in their prime. Both of them are soo durable, Great at faceoffs and play the right way. Use EP as a massive trade chip to fill our other needs. I'm not emotionally attached to every player we draft unlike what seems to be majority of our fanbase however, So im sure most wouldn't agree haha :P

• Vintage 1