The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

59 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone still think that Markstrom should have been re-signed by Vancouver. 

To be fair, we'd have another great piece on this team while also having excellent goaltending because we would have traded Demko. But Demko has lived up to extremely high expectations. It was risky and it worked out perfectly. 

Imagine having another top 2 defender or a top 6 player under this group. We'd be close to a contender under Boudreau, however with that said we would also likely still be tied to Green if we had another one of those pieces as well possibly.

4 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Are we paying petey to be defensively responsible? Aka LE 2.0 playing on 3rd line... I sure hope not... hope he is saving his legs for the playoffs!  And start to explode there. 

That would be magical if old Petey shows up out of nowhere when playoff starts. 

• Like 4

I can only comment on the 3rd period my power was out at my place and I watched the 3rd period at my work with a co worker. :lol:  

Good to get some breathing room with the Garland goal I found they were reverting to sitting back a little bit and that goal brought them out of it. EN king Tanner at it again. 

• Cheers 4
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

To be fair, we'd have another great piece on this team while also having excellent goaltending because we would have traded Demko. But Demko has lived up to extremely high expectations. It was risky and it worked out perfectly. 

Imagine having another top 2 defender or a top 6 player under this group. We'd be close to a contender under Boudreau, however with that said we would also likely still be tied to Green if we had another one of those pieces as well possibly.

Demko didnt prove himself until the Vegas series and even then Canucks weren't fully sold on just Demko so they signed Holtby as a 1B. That's why he has a 5m contract and not a 7m.

Thats also why his trade value was probably equivalent to a 2nd rounder at the TDL. No thanks 

Rather just keep him then. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You're mistaken and looking at it from a points percentage that they used towards the bubble.

In terms of points prior to the pause we were 9th in the division due to Nashville taking the tiebreaker and on the outside looking in.

Marky/Boeser got hurt and we were losing games. It wasn't looking good.

I'm not talking about the pause, I'm talking TDL.

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Brain dead canadian politicians. 

Go to any grocery store or shopping mall and it looks like the concourse of a stadium.

Makes ZERO sense.

Canadian politicians and health and safety "experts" dealing with covid is just like refs and the dops.  No consistency.

Just how Canada likes it

I think the difference is 18,000 people sitting side by side with masks off a lot of time screaming and behaving foolishly at times compared to 250 people (grocery store) practicing social distancing while doing a chore. It's completely different. Although I get the gist of what you're saying it's not the same.

It's definitely a rational decision to not just allow that to happen without weighing the situation clearly. I'm hoping we get to have 100% of fans asap but it definitely makes sense that they've taken a couple weeks to examine the situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I'm not talking about the pause, I'm talking TDL.

I see. You were in response of what we didn't trade at the 2020 deadline. Yeah I wouldn't see us trading Marky or anyone either for that matter. We brought in Toffoli because Boeser was hurt. 

Things did look really bleak when Marky got hurt but that was after the deadline. The pause saved us then and we got to enjoy playoffs for a bit.

• Cheers 2