The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

FIFAiiOXMAI5vFs?format=jpg&name=large

So Quinn will pass Bedard this year and will be third overall only to 2 Hall of Famers.....not too bad I guess. If not for the shortened Covid seasons Quinn would have been 2nd to only Housley and, if Quinn played in the NHL at age 18 like Housely did, I believe there is an argument that Quinn would be number 1 on this list.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Mr. Serious said:

What is your source? Or is your intention to spread fake news?

Dude, people have been talking about how to trade Pearson since he got resigned, saying he is unnecessary and untradeable (not me). JR indicated he's only interested in trading for picks or youth, aka trading vets. Pearson had a great game. 

Do the math. It's common sense not a fake rumor. :picard:

Well i must say highmore was a good energyplayer, Pearson had a good game. Our D looked pretty good. Petey looks like he needs an extra moment to think when he gets the puck unless its a good passing oportunity. Demko was very good on all those weird shots kraken uses in their system. I had a bit trouble keeping track what our lines actually were...but happy we got the win. in general the players do look like they have more confidence, Act more decisive..... now lets hope theres going to be a full NHL season so please people go and get vaccinated!!!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

It just sucks to lose so many assets for nothing that's all

Happens all the time. A GM trading his #1 goalie or any player that will make you worse while trying to win sends a terrible message to the players and the fans that pay good money to watch a team ice it's best lineup. 

I get it that it sucks to lose players for nothing but in Marky's case Demko bubble hadn't happened yet and Marky was still actively negotiating a new deal here.

The other guys you mention all had full NMC that they used so no point in blaming Benning.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, gizmo2337 said:

Every time I see "JR", I wonder what the heck Jeremy Roenick has to to with this!! ::D 

absolutely nothing, I remember when he turned a trade to come here, honestly I wouldn't have either. So a double nothing out of a second time in spirit? lol but anyway yeah I thought the same thing. We need a hard nosed guy just like him and in a d position too, then this team would be even harder to play against by far

Edited by iceman64

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well i must say highmore was a good energyplayer, Pearson had a good game. Our D looked pretty good. Petey looks like he needs an extra moment to think when he gets the puck unless its a good passing oportunity. Demko was very good on all those weird shots kraken uses in their system. I had a bit trouble keeping track what our lines actually were...but happy we got the win. in general the players do look like they have more confidence, Act more decisive..... now lets hope theres going to be a full NHL season so please people go and get vaccinated!!!

Lines were somewhat in flux because they only had 11 forwards dressed for this game.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

My first ever game at Climate Pledge! What a game to be at! So proud of what the team did tonight, but I gotta say the moment between Red and Nadia absolutely stole the night. I almost started crying. Truly incredible show of humanity from both teams. So proud! 

That was a great game! I was there too! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I see. You were in response of what we didn't trade at the 2020 deadline. Yeah I wouldn't see us trading Marky or anyone either for that matter. We brought in Toffoli because Boeser was hurt. 

Things did look really bleak when Marky got hurt but that was after the deadline. The pause saved us then and we got to enjoy playoffs for a bit.

Exactly.  The 20/100 hindsight I was replying to was a huge stretch to attack JB over.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckerbird said:

Thatcher leads the league in Shots Against and Saves. For my money, he's the goalie who has had the biggest contribution to his team's success in the entire league. 

Screenshot (278).png

There is no question.. there is no doubt Demko is elite

Top tier .

We have him for his elite years at 5 mill aav

This will be the best contract in the NHL for the next 4.5 seasons..  

Not even close..  

We have a superstar goalie in the making..  

He's ready elite ... he will soon be a superstar.. 

Edit.  I'm stupid 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Brain dead canadian politicians. 

Go to any grocery store or shopping mall and it looks like the concourse of a stadium.

Makes ZERO sense.

Canadian politicians and health and safety "experts" dealing with covid is just like refs and the dops.  No consistency.

Just how Canada likes it

^ this needs to be put on the news. 100% agreed.