The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

I think it’s time mr Rutherford has a talk with petey and tell him if he wants to “kill penalties”….. he can do so In Buffallo …. Dude got a super high bridge deal because he’s supposed to be one of our best players … not a depth centre that kills penalties 

there are lots of Petey lovers here, they will tell you only 9 games under Bruce, give him 20 games if not works they will start fire Bruce chants, Fortunately, new GM is not a fan of ep40

4 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

there are lots of Petey lovers here, they will tell you only 9 games under Bruce, give him 20 games if not works they will start fire Bruce chants, Fortunately, new GM is not a fan of ep40

Which team are you a fan of?  The Loser Leafs?  The Horrid Habs?  The Ugly Pigs.  The Smelly Soilers?  The Lousy Lames?  Or are you one of those American team fans?  Like the “Look at me go mommy” Avs’?  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

I think it’s time mr Rutherford has a talk with petey and tell him if he wants to “kill penalties”….. he can do so In Buffallo …. Dude got a super high bridge deal because he’s supposed to be one of our best players … not a depth centre that kills penalties 

What's wrong with your best players being able to kill penalties? Shouldn't that be encouraged? Green sure as hell didn't give him the chance. At least he can do something when he's not on top of his offense.

5 hours ago, Fen1010 said:

Hamhuis, didn't waive his NTC in time, Miller only wanted to go to Cali and Edler refused to waive his NTC. It sucks that JB got nothing for them, but I won't blame him on these ones.

Well yes but other GM's have this issue as well. It was Benning's job to convince these players to try and waive their NTC/NMC on their expiring contract. If I am not mistaken Benning didn't ask Hamhius about waiving his NTC until quite late. And this actually shows Benning's biggest problem his inability to manage assets and negotiate, which eventually lead to his downfall.

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

100% agree. It's like there's a bit$% of the day thread that needs starting. Maybe they could all huddle in a phone booth.

Imagine if every player played at peak performance and the team always won.

Like would they just stop watching? What’s the point if you can’t complain about something? 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Some fans in this market can’t even enjoy a win streak. :picard:

Always gotta look for something to b!tch about. Must be a tough way to live.

Well, it's great that the team's catching fire (and not the dumpster kind) without much of Petterson's (and Boeser's) offense.

But it's fair to be upset that the highest paid forwards in our group aren't really leading the charge.

If we're going to make the playoffs and do some damage, I don't know how you do it with the two of them as they're operating right now. Boudreau's frigging great, but it's asking too much of any coach to handle. All I'm saying is, it's not the most sustainable way to make a contender out of what we currently have.

Edited by Neil HD

30 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Is Boeser able to travel back to Canada? John and John were discussing this last night on the broadcast.

The new cdc rule is quite relaxed.  But he will need a pcr test returning to Canada. I'm sure he will be ready by next week vs Sens. Assuming he wasn't ill, hope he can shake off the rust and get back to his level before. 

17 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

What a month it's been. Imagine if we kept Green around. We would still be talking about the 1OA pick. Now play-offs are worthy of contemplation. Let's enjoy the ride...GCG

Did that guy ever got his jersey back after tossing it on ice?