The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

I think this is just a ploy for them to try to get out somehow from his contract no one was willing to pay 3.5 and they don’t want to buy him out so try this pretty sure Richardson got money plus was allowed to sign after however long and La got out from part of his buyout I think it’ll be very telling when Vanders representation and him speak then we will know for sure how it goes .

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

@SilentSam, still think he's learned his lesson and is going to stop pulling his BS off the ice?   Send this walking biohazard to the KHL if he's even allowed into the country.

Jan 8 th was a scheduled appearance for him to be in court for continued deliberations for his divorce case.

im sure it’s associated with this some how,.  And someone (Wilson) may perhaps be trying to end his contract over it.

see what comes out of this.. if it’s true

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Jan 8 th was a scheduled appearance for him to be in court for continued deliberations for his divorce case.

im sure it’s associated with this some how,.  And someone (Wilson) may perhaps be trying to end his contract over it.

see what comes out of this.. if it’s true

His court case is in Vancouver?  Kane knows he’s Covid positive, right?  He is in protocol for testing positive and isolating, right?  Yet, knowing this he gets on a plane (putting all those other people on that flight at risk) and crosses through customs into Canada, right?  I think Kane is going to be facing even more court appearances because of this.  Is this potentially jail time?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Interesting take. Do you think maybe the way he is might partially come from his upbringing? Are his parents rock solid disciplinarians who can make Evander toe the line? I think they would be protective of him and tolerant of his behaviour, as parents tend to be. What else can the parents of a 30 year old man do that will improve him, send him to his room with no supper?

Perhaps i have too much faith in what his parents can/ are willing to do, but i know if it was me in that situation my dad would kick my ass if i screwed up that opportunity. 

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if he showed a fake test result at the border he could be charged with fraud here. But its not clear yet where he was, did he test positive after coming up here for an Abby game?

He hasn't played in Abbotsford.  Was suspended to start the season and his 1st AHL game was only on 11 December against Abbotsford but in San Jose.  They haven't travelled to Abbotsford since he made his debut.  They would have come over by charter and if he had been tested positive wouldn't have been allowed to travel with the team.

He was announced in Covid protocol on 23 December so might have been over the holidays.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bllewellyn said:

I think this is just a ploy for them to try to get out somehow from his contract no one was willing to pay 3.5 and they don’t want to buy him out so try this pretty sure Richardson got money plus was allowed to sign after however long and La got out from part of his buyout I think it’ll be very telling when Vanders representation and him speak then we will know for sure how it goes .

Almost certainly is, but if Kane's violated his contract in some way it doesn't really matter what the Sharks angle is. He was suspended for faking his vaccination status, and now they're trying terminate his contract over another Covid violation. Given how seriously the NHL's taken Covid I wouldn't be surprised to see this go through despite the NHLPA getting involved. Particularly if the Sharks have done their homework, and they've had several million reasons to keep tabs on Kane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alflives said:

His court case is in Vancouver?  Kane knows he’s Covid positive, right?  He is in protocol for testing positive and isolating, right?  Yet, knowing this he gets on a plane (putting all those other people on that flight at risk) and crosses through customs into Canada, right?  I think Kane is going to be facing even more court appearances because of this.  Is this potentially jail time?  

You’re allowed to be Covid positive and fly and do almost anything you can even work while Covid positive in most workplaces, is it the right thing to do ? I don’t think so but that’s how today is people don’t always do what the best thing is they do what they’re allowed and as long as he admitted that he was positive and they allowed him on all those things he’s done nothing wrong except may be breaks San Jose’s Covid protocols and that’s yet to be seen

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Almost certainly is, but if Kane's violated his contract in some way it doesn't really matter what the Sharks angle is. He was suspended for faking his vaccination status, and now they're trying terminate his contract over another Covid violation. Given how seriously the NHL's taken Covid I wouldn't be surprised to see this go through despite the NHLPA getting involved. Particularly if the Sharks have done their homework, and they've had several million reasons to keep tabs on Kane. 

It can’t be this easy to terminate a contract or you would think The Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breechesThe Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breeches

Just now, Bllewellyn said:

You’re allowed to be Covid positive and fly and do almost anything you can even work while Covid positive in most workplaces, is it the right thing to do ? I don’t think so but that’s how today is people don’t always do what the best thing is they do what they’re allowed and as long as he admitted that he was positive and they allowed him on all those things he’s done nothing wrong except may be breaks San Jose’s Covid protocols and that’s yet to be seen

No you can’t.  He got on a plane and came into Canada while knowingly being Covid positive.  How in the heck does he even get through customs?  Did he show a fake negative test result?  Jail time.  Civil suits from any passengers on that flight who got Covid.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

It can’t be this easy to terminate a contract or you would think The Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breechesThe Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breeches

Speculation as opposed to fact.  Big difference.  Kane is done.  Guy is a serious selfish idiot.  

• Haha 1

Also you would think a standard players contract rules of conduct would limit you from any domestic violence or abuses of any type you would think that would be a direct violation and grounds for termination

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

How would he fly if he was Covid positive?

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Boston.

No NHL team will touch him.  And considering the potential criminal charges for his actions, he likely won’t be able to travel and  play in the KHL.  Add to that he’s not able to pay his bookies, and this might be the “end” of Evander.  

Just now, Alflives said:

No NHL team will touch him.  And considering the potential criminal charges for his actions, he likely won’t be able to travel and  play in the KHL.  Add to that he’s not able to pay his bookies, and this might be the “end” of Evander.  

Jake's new linemate in the KHL? 

• Vintage 1