The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Despite the score, I haven't hated how we have played.

You can tell there is a lot of rust, but despite being very rusty, I thought we have had the upper hand in the 2nd period. Not bad for a team who hasn't played in 10 days, dealt with covid issues, and playing against one of the best teams in the league.

My straws are all crumpled from clutching at them

• Haha 2

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

It's owners fault for penny pinching and having the coldest team in the league. Right after being one of the hottest. Piss poor decision making, from a hockey standpoint anyway.

Those same owners, punted JB, Green and Baumer. And brought in Bruce.

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Imo, we spotted them those first two goals, which Demko didn't see and didn't have a chance. Should really be 3-1. 

Felt like one of those games we’d just lose. Every kinda goal has gone in. Kinda set up to fail after only a few games in almost a month 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Beating the Panthers is tough enough but then add a long break and Elias Petterson being an absolutely useless pylon more often than not....uhg. How do you go from that good to absolutely awful and the MOST OVERPAID NHLer by a long shot?  He should be embarrassed. 

3 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I think one thing is for sure.  If the Canucks want to do well on this road trip they desperately need their best players to help push momentum

ya but when will Pettersson do anything? He’s a shell of his former self. I know I keep repeating it but you can’t go anywhere when your number one center is playing like a fourth liner. His powers were zapped out of his body. I don’t get what happened.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Despite the score, I haven't hated how we have played.

You can tell there is a lot of rust, but despite being very rusty, I thought we have had the upper hand in the 2nd period. Not bad for a team who hasn't played in 10 days, dealt with covid issues, and playing against one of the best teams in the league.

Couldn't agree more. We've outplayed them for periods, we're outshooting them and they've had a couple lucky goals. Sure we might be a touch rusty but they're the #1 team in the league and it's only one game. We can build on this.

• Like 2

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Beating the Panthers is tough enough but then add a long break and Elias Petterson being an absolutely useless pylon more often than not....uhg. How do you go from that good to absolutely awful and the MOST OVERPAID NHLer by a long shot?  He should be embarrassed. 

You saying he's ....bustaroo banzai?

• Haha 1