The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

French Protests

Industrious1

2 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

The covid thread is just about the most toxic thing I've ever seen on an internet forum.  Even got mods jumping all over people in there.

This is supposed to be about the protests, but of course some discussion will spill over.  Debate and discussion are good things, even if all opinions do not line up nicely and neatly.  

Well said. 

17 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

The covid thread is just about the most toxic thing I've ever seen on an internet forum.  Even got mods jumping all over people in there.

This is supposed to be about the protests, but of course some discussion will spill over.  Debate and discussion are good things, even if all opinions do not line up nicely and neatly.  

I get it, but it was always doomed to devolve into another Covid thread.

Case in point: How many posts about the protests per se, and how many just rehashing the same tired arguments from the Covid thread?

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I get it, but it was always doomed to devolve into another Covid thread.

Case in point: How many posts about the protests per se, and how many just rehashing the same tired arguments from the Covid thread?

In that case the mods can do their jobs and prune whatever posts they do not feel are adding to the discussion.  I have no issues with that.  

Silencing the conversations however, is not the answer.  

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Breezy said:

Getting the vaccine only protects the person who is getting the shot, which should be that persons choice. Period. This is just getting out of hand. Good for them for protesting, and sticking up for their rights.

Even that, things tends to turn 180. right now in hospital, we have something like 90% vaxxed 10% unvaxxed in Covid related urgency.
and dont tell me its because 90 % of the population has been vaxxed, because if you find the exact same % on your population AND on your hospitalisation, it just confirms that your product does not work at all. 

on Hosptital Docs noticed a huge wave of heart diseases, embolics and so on, which are the well documented sides effects of the "vaccine".

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Even that, things tends to turn 180. right now in hospital, we have something like 90% vaxxed 10% unvaxxed in Covid related urgency.
and dont tell me its because 90 % of the population has been vaxxed, because if you find the exact same % on your population AND on your hospitalisation, it just confirms that your product does not work at all. 

on Hosptital Docs noticed a huge wave of heart diseases, embolics and so on, which are the well documented sides effects of the "vaccine".

They are also massively prominent in covid cases.....what's your point

8 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Yup, should be merged with the current thread

Disagree.

image.thumb.png.764c394d7852d814cb7c51b75c80a0fc.png

I would prefer this to be separate from what that thread has become.  Wishing death and ill on people is not how I'd like to move forward on this.  

Edited by Industrious1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

oh my... since 2010 we displacing surgeries because our gouvernements delete beds in hospitals. even at the most of the covid in 2020, our beloved Macron and Veran had deleted 5200 beds ! 

That's another issue and I disagree with that too.

If the beds are going unused, that's one thing but deleting them just to save money to waste elsewhere... that's not something I'm in favour of.

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

They are also massively prominent in covid cases.....what's your point

No, the amount of spike proteins you create by your own cell machinery from the ARNm injected is wayyy above the ones carried by the virus itself. 
its well documented that this ARNm is really strongered and stabilized, and it takes almost an entire day and more do get completly removed from the cell, instead of few hours. So the Golgi and REG who participate to create the polypeptide know as Stike Protein make a very high amount of it before the substract being deleted. 
the spike protein will move to his beloved fixation site, know as ACE2 (site 2 of Angiotensine) the ACE2 is localized inside the blood vassals, and regulate the contraction and expanse of the them. the spike will prevent the vassals from good dilatation, that leads to blood clot. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

12 minutes ago, brownky said:

That's another issue and I disagree with that too.

If the beds are going unused, that's one thing but deleting them just to save money to waste elsewhere... that's not something I'm in favour of.

they re not unused ffs, its the europe who forced us to delete them under the merged politic, every year since 2010 and before the hospital complains about low reanimation access capabilities 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

1 minute ago, deus.ex.makina said:

they re not unused ffs, its the europe who forced us to deleted by the merged politic, every year since 2010 and before the hospital complain about low reanmiation access capabilities 

See I don't like that either.

I hate bureaucrats in general though. Below average employees and politicians who can't either hack it in the private sector, or worse, are 'on their way back to private' after doing a few favours for profit, all on my dime. It's quite infuriating.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, deus.ex.makina said:

in France we are at more than 300.000 cases by day. so your "vaccine" doesn't immunize at all. which is the definition of a vaccin. 

now in term of "protecting from severe form", the DREES here, the institute of Statistics for the health minister, said only 36% of deads were unvaccinated. 66% were vaccinated. so you're banning from society the unvaxxed guys who are tested DAILY at their own costs, for a product in still experimental phase until 2023, that does'nt prevent from controling cases and for a very light benefices for a specific profil such as old, with diabetis disease ? 

our prime mister Castex said yesterday than you can be Covid positive and take the train if you are vaxxed, but a Covid negative unvaxxed can't. 

what's wrong with you, and your world ? 

That's a misrepresentation of the facts.

29M or 76% of the population in Canada is fully vaccinated, while only 9M or 24% are not.  That's 3 time more people that are vaccinated, of course there are going to be more cases by vaccinated people.  That's just simple math.  Yet, while they are 3 time more vaccinated, there are only 2 times more vaccinated testing positive.  If the vaccine had no effect, the numbers would be the same.

In Quebec the data shows that there is twice as much hospitalization for 1M unvaccinated people than 1M of vaccinated people.  Another telling statistics.  

No vaccine is perfect, proof is they are considered effective /approved at 60+ %.  We were lucky that these one were effective at 90%, against previous variant.  Obviously the Omicron variant changed the game and vaccine will adjust as well in time.  

31 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

That's a misrepresentation of the facts.

29M or 76% of the population in Canada is fully vaccinated, while only 9M or 24% are not.  That's 3 time more people that are vaccinated, of course there are going to be more cases by vaccinated people.  That's just simple math.  Yet, while they are 3 time more vaccinated, there are only 2 times more vaccinated testing positive.  If the vaccine had no effect, the numbers would be the same.

In Quebec the data shows that there is twice as much hospitalization for 1M unvaccinated people than 1M of vaccinated people.  Another telling statistics.  

No vaccine is perfect, proof is they are considered effective /approved at 60+ %.  We were lucky that these one were effective at 90%, against previous variant.  Obviously the Omicron variant changed the game and vaccine will adjust as well in time.  

There is not misleading and dont try to bend the numbers. Its  officials stats from the DREES with statisticians who made a study for the health minister the 19dec, the only thing we should look at is « if i’m vaxxed does it prevent me to die « study says no, not enough. 
and to add to the mix there are hundreds and hundreds of cases flaged Covid although they die with and not because of. The suspended nurses and docs admitted they overprice 480€ à Covid case than a flu one. Totally disgusting and false the global stats. 

and again stop called that a vaccine, your not immunized. your stats of effectiveness came from labs directly. In Israël they already said than the efficiency is not good enough and away from what Pfizer communicate.
the VAERS, eudravigilance, réseau sentinelle, all pointed out the alarming amount of side effects. 

its time to invest into the treatments. 

here in France the health minister is blocking the XAV19, polyclonal Antibody. Why ? 
in Israel there is the Amur 18 which rise the cell PH to prevent spike to glue. 

and let the omicron spreads, this is the real vaccine. 

oh, and before you re running out of arguments and end up saying i’m a antivaxx, i just booked a DTPolio shot.

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

in France we are at more than 300.000 cases by day. so your "vaccine" doesn't immunize at all. which is the definition of a vaccin. 

now in term of "protecting from severe form", the DREES here, the institute of Statistics for the health minister, said only 36% of deads were unvaccinated. 66% were vaccinated. so you're banning from society the unvaxxed guys who are tested DAILY at their own costs, for a product in still experimental phase until 2023, that does'nt prevent from controling cases and for a very light benefices for a specific profil such as old, with diabetis disease ? 

our prime mister Castex said yesterday than you can be Covid positive and take the train if you are vaxxed, but a Covid negative unvaxxed can't. 

what's wrong with you, and your world ? 

image.jpeg.babba64b1ef3e4a73adbaaf63d113f87.jpeg

8 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

There is not misleading and dont try to bend the numbers. Its  officials stats from the DREES with statisticians who made a study for the health minister the 19dec, the only thing we should look at is « if i’m vaxxed does it prevent me to die « study says no, not enough. 
and to add to the mix there are hundreds and hundreds of cases flaged Covid although they die with and not because of. The suspended nurses and docs admitted they overprice 480€ à Covid case than a flu one. Totally disgusting and false the global stats. 

and again stop called that a vaccine, your not immunized. your stats of effectiveness came from labs directly. In Israël they already said than the efficiency is not good enough and away from what Pfizer communicate.
the VAERS, eudravigilance, réseau sentinelle, all pointed out the alarming amount of side effects. 

its time to invest into the treatments. 

here in France the health minister is blocking the XAV19, polyclonal Antibody. Why ? 
in Israel there is the Amur 18 which rise the cell PH to prevent spike to glue. 

and let the omicron spreads, this is the real vaccine. 

oh, and before you re running out of arguments and end up saying i’m a antivaxx, i just booked a DTPolio shot.

Ok there's some very questionable statements here.  Sorry bud.

If you're in France.  Good on you for fighting against a mandatory vaccine mandate.  people SHOULD be fighting for the rights to govern their own bodies.

but

almost 7 billion jabs out for less than or around 100k VAERs incidents of any serious nature 

vs

230+ million covid infections, 5.5+ million deaths or more, 32 million estimated long term health issues

Covid causes as great an issue with myocardial/pericardial issues as the vaccine until you run the numbers in scale then covid is far more of an issue for cardiovascular issues

The vaccine is not to stop you from contracting the issue, but to keep you from being admitted to the hospital.  in BC  over 50% of ALL hospitalized covid cases are from the less than 14% unvaccinated and that's a damning statistic.  While Omicron might be far less fatal, it is also overwhelmingly transmissible which is leading to a rise in hospitalizations period.  Long term, this is good as those protected will safely contract the omicron strain and possibly develop those vital immunities the body develops after exposure/repeated exposure

So again, good on your nation for possibly standing up against a mandate that would take away your rights to govern your own body, but the questionable statements are a head scratcher

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

if it was "my body, my consequences" I could agree with this, but it isn't. People keep dancing around the fact that unvaccinated people do put others at higher risk, and are disproportionately taking up more care resources, leading to real harms (like delayed surgeries) not theoretical ones. 

But its "my body, your consequence". Thats why we need a mandate law. Not to run around and dart gun people with vaccines, but to triage care in a fair way. 

This isn't a new issue, we have been lacking in hospital beds for years. In 2019 (pre-pandemic), we ranked 27th/28th among countries with universal health care for acute-care beds (in graph below, posted link for reference).

In 2018, the Ontario Hospital Association, warned us of an imminent capacity crisis, "Hospital occupancy exceeded 100% capacity at half of the province's hospitals" - the international standard for safe hospital capacity is around 85% (link for reference below). Similar information can be found for BC. 

It's easy for the media to show us that hospital capacity is at their brink, but the reality is they have been for years. They're basically reiterating old information to spark controversy, and to create moral panics for the general public - and are doing a really good job at it. But facts are facts. If they put as much effort into ICU beds and nursing staff, rather than focusing their attention elsewhere (for example, firing healthcare staff for being unvaccinated), our system wouldn't look so swamped. 

"My body, your consequence".... #1 cause of death in Canada is lung cancer. Should we start mandating laws on cigarettes? Or are we comfortable with them taking up hospital beds and resources, but we're not okay with a small group of unvaccinated people in the hospital due to COVID? Claiming that unvaccinated people are putting others at risk is an easy scape-goat - let them decide what they want to do with their body. 

Unvaccinated people are not the problem. The problem is how everything is being handled from the top. 

2128709705_ScreenShot2022-01-10at2_33_49PM.thumb.png.1e85a3687b27e07d72f8586a1ff73428.png

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/comparing-health-care-countries-2019.pdf

https://www.oha.com/Bulletins/2558_OHA_A Sector on the Brink_rev.pdf

Edited by Breezy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1