The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do We Lack Toughness? Who would you give up for?

Rate this topic

RolexSub

I wouldn't call our team soft per say.  

I do wish that we had one tougher forward who doesn't mind dropping the gloves other then JT Miller.  I have never liked having a d-man as our tough guy (Guddy, then Schenn) because it's tough to go down to 5 d-men for a long period of time.  

I remember games where Guddy would instigate a fight, get thrown out in the first period and then we'd play the whole game down a d-man.  

Edited by VancouverHabitant

There’s a certain guy who’s currently available right now for free :P I won’t say his name as I’ve been flamed too much for even bringing his name up :o Would be extremely disappointing if said player decided to sign with the Oilers :metal:And we’d have to face him 6-8 times a year B) But oh well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

We have lacked toughness for years? Signs back when nobody beat daylights out of Marchand 5'10, 185 lbs?

Use to love our tough teams Breasher 6'2, 210, toughest guy in league in his day..Gino 6'3, 210 top 5 fighter in his day..

We always had 5 guys that could drop gloves play super gritty..

Fans say team toughness but we don't want Miller, Horvat fighting...We lack toughness for last 8 yrs...We are easy to play against..

Loved Gadjovich 6'2,210 stands up for guys on team. MacEwen 6'3,205 same type of player we give away for nothing..

Both playing on there teams regular??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Its not toughness that we lack. The days of having meat heads like Brashear are over.

We lack middle weight pests. Ones we had in the past are Cooke, Ruutu, Kesler, Burrows Lappiere, Torres ect. Having some of the best pests was part of our identity

We had pests and toughness go look on those rosters...Brasher could play 3rd line...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

There’s a certain guy who’s currently available right now for free :P I won’t say his name as I’ve been flamed too much for even bringing his name up :o Would be extremely disappointing if said player decided to sign with the Oilers :metal:And we’d have to face him 6-8 times a year B) But oh well!

Was it this guy ?

gettyimages-1127649173.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Was it this guy ?

gettyimages-1127649173.jpg

Yep. 

Gritty, tough, a pest, top line player, sticks up for his teammates, can do it all. 

But but but he’s a locker room cancer because of his own personal problems… that can be helped with the support group and resource facilities we have here. 

Now we get to see him play with McDavid and Draisaitl.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lawson Crouse, size, skill and toughness 

Slow and overall not the best skater. And I don’t know what pieces we’d be able to give to make that work. Or let alone the asking price. 

Sign Kane :towel:

33 minutes ago, wildcam said:

We have lacked toughness for years? Signs back when nobody beat daylights out of Marchand 5'10, 185 lbs?

Use to love our tough teams Breasher 6'2, 210, toughest guy in league in his day..Gino 6'3, 210 top 5 fighter in his day..

We always had 5 guys that could drop gloves play super gritty..

Fans say team toughness but we don't want Miller, Horvat fighting...We lack toughness for last 8 yrs...We are easy to play against..

Loved Gadjovich 6'2,210 stands up for guys on team. MacEwen 6'3,205 same type of player we give away for nothing..

Both playing on there teams regular??

I could stand losing MacEwen OR Gadjovich, but it was pretty inexcusable for Green to cut both of those guys especially after we lost Gadjovich.  

Gadjovich was actually outplaying MacEwen in the preseason and should've made the cut over MacEwen.