The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Completely agree. It almost seems he knows it as well. He couldn’t/didn’t do enough this last off-season to improve his game. Contract might have had something to do with it, as well as the wrist.

If he’s healthy entering into the off-season where he doesn’t have to rehabilitate anything, and he can just work on his game and get strong and faster. I see him returning to form. 

13 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think it helps us. 10am game in Carolina and then an 11am game in Washington. I would not be surprised if we lost both those games. 

the reality is that we could go 0-4 by Sunday afternoon. 

Would a 1-5 road trip kill any chance of making the playoffs? 

We're 6 points back with 92 points available ... so no lol

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If he’s healthy entering into the off-season where he doesn’t have to rehabilitate anything, and he can just work on his game and get strong and faster. I see him returning to form. 

The good thing is that our president is seeing the same things as we are. I just really can’t figure out how he can do things with the lack of depth, picks and the long term contract that is tied up in ekman-Larson.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol so it's his fault the guys can't bury the chance? Gimme a break. So I guess playmaker are useless then coz all they can do is setup chance and pray someone can finish?

Lol. He had a breakaway and fanned on a shot. Those aren’t other players faults. Lol. He is only getting chances now and this has been happening for a lot of games now. So are you ok with paying someone 7.35 million because he gets chances? I am not.

Two games in a row the club plays good and our goalie costs us points.  Demko needs to at least play decent.  Heck, we gave up less than 50 total shots in those games, while putting 90 on the other teams.  And Demko gives up NINE.  

If JR is evaluating the club, what’s he thinking about Demko?  

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The good thing is that our president is seeing the same things as we are. I just really can’t figure out how he can do things with the lack of depth, picks and the long term contract that is tied up in ekman-Larson.

My guess is what he saw was a team that competed hard and looked good against two of the best teams in the league.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

To me this was a measuring stick. Last game too.  7 years going on 8 of Bennings work. 

Probably 3 prominent players away from being able to run with the big dogs.

At least one offensively gifted forward (preferably a C) and a couple d men- one that is offensive minded and another that is a hard nosed shutdown type.

i think that they can effectively compete against middle and lower tier teams, they need to bolster the roster to be a true threat. 

hopefully the new management team have some solutions. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

My guess is what he saw was a team that competed hard and looked good against two of the best teams in the league.

Sure but the top players have to be top players consistently. This team always has had players play hot or go cold all at the same time. They are very consistently inconsistent.

16 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think if he wants to shake the core of the team up, then he’s going to have to trade a core player. 

Trading a bottom six player isn’t going to really shake things up with the team. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Two games in a row the club plays good and our goalie costs us points.  Demko needs to at least play decent.  Heck, we gave up less than 50 total shots in those games, while putting 90 on the other teams.  And Demko gives up NINE.  

If JR is evaluating the club, what’s he thinking about Demko?  

Lol Alf Demko isn’t our problem right now plain and simple

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1