The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Demko plays equal to his opposite these last two games how many points do we come out with?  We aren’t winning any games against anyone with ?Demko stopping pucks at .825

Maybe he misses Tanev Markstrom and Toffoli

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Also, that's why I'm not a fan of pulling the goalie early 

Boudreau surprised me with that one 

Nor am I. Not going to look up stats but don’t think it’s worked well for the Canucks   in past games. Especially against a team who just got three 2 man breakaways in the 3rd period. 

1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

We can hang with these top teams as far as the run of play goes, but we aren't finishing at their level.  The problems with this team are on offense, not defense.

I think it’s both but, right now, I agree our offence needs to be better and especially our power play.

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Nor am I. Not going to look up stats but don’t think it’s worked well for the Canucks   in past games. Especially against a team who just got three 2 man breakaways in the 3rd period. 

Yeah, Tampa's extremely quick on loose pucks and didn't give up much all game, it was a questionable decision for sure 

Doesn't usually work out for teams, but I get why he wanted to go for it 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think it helps us. 10am game in Carolina and then an 11am game in Washington. I would not be surprised if we lost both those games. 

the reality is that we could go 0-4 by Sunday afternoon. 

Would a 1-5 road trip kill any chance of making the playoffs? 

Yup, it would pretty well kill our chances of making the playoffs. There’s too many good (ie over 0.500) teams ahead of us.

12 minutes ago, sockeye said:

I think it’s both but, right now, I agree our offence needs to be better and especially our power play.

How is it  that for 9games Bruce manages to get his 1st unit off the ice after 60-70 seconds if they don't score 

then this week we are right back to Green like PP playing the 1st unit 1:45- 1:56 

this team seems to have lost the urgency they played with when Bruce first arrived

I think the first unit should get 1 puck down ice

the second time they should be changing it up

that is not how it has gone the last 2 games

If your first unit doesn't not score in 1:56 

Don't start them next PP

the urgency has drifted out of their game

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Playing the two best teams in the league back to back on the road won't always lead to goals unfortunately...

Horvat and Garland drive play and suppress chances that’s not a secret.

Is that a testament to Pettersson being on that line or is he just benefiting from those two.

Can’t say I remember him making too many plays good or bad.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Horvat and Garland drive play and suppress chances that’s not a secret.

Is that a testament to Pettersson being on that line or is he just benefiting from those two.

Can’t say I remember him making too many plays good or bad.

Horvat and Garland haven't done much lately.  They both have 2 points in their last 6 games.  They looked pretty dangerous with Petey on their wing.  I would keep that line together and let them get some chemistry and see what happens.  If it works out then we need to get a new 3C.

• Cheers 3