The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s pretty clear how far this team still has to go to be contenders. Good effort but the skill isn’t there.

We were never a cup contender so it was an expected loss with all the time off. They played good against TB, they just dont have any finishers unfortunately. I dont mind trading Boeser for Klington to shake things up. We need more offense from our D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

We were never a cup contender so it was an expected loss with all the time off. They played good against TB, they just dont have any finishers unfortunately. I dont mind trading Boeser for Klington to shake things up. We need more offense from our D.

Yeah I think we are seeing the last games of Boeser in a Canucks uniform. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Petey is incrementally improving every game.  Did a lot of good things out there, nice passes.

Those are some expensive passes.  He needs a sit.  Physically he's not prepared to be there.  Dare I say mentally as well.  What we've seen and what we are seeing from him are miles apart.

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Get Miller off PP1. Get Pettersson away from net front (what the &^@#). 

Seems to me that the Bruce effect has worn off now. 2 losses in a row by the team, albeit against very good teams in Florida and Tampa Bay. But still. This road trip is almost half way done, and we’re 0-2. Back to back on Saturday and Sunday against Carolina and Washington. Winnable, more so than Florida and Tampa Bay, I suppose. But if this team was going to get back to the postseason, they needed to be able to win against the good teams. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Ah crap next 2 are  weekend AM games 

will that help or hurt their chances 

I don’t think it helps us. 10am game in Carolina and then an 11am game in Washington. I would not be surprised if we lost both those games. 

the reality is that we could go 0-4 by Sunday afternoon. 

Would a 1-5 road trip kill any chance of making the playoffs? 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

2 soft goals from Demko. 

Wasted game with our fourth line actually producing .

Pretenders not contenders. 

Also way to soft. JR take note.

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but that 2nd goal looked like one he'd want back.

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Are you kidding me? Ok. Keep living in a dream.

If the old Petey just materialized one day magically, we could have a real shot at making the playoffs.  Thats what I mean by taking us over the top. A team that can beat Tampa at home, on a given night, and take those 2 points.  If we had the old Petey, with dependable Quinn and an improved Boeser, Miller, Garland, Hogs n Podz,  its not out of the question. They were all starting to get a little swagger. I blame COVID.

• Cheers 1