The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wel not gonna win the week but all things considered maybe 2-2 is winning the week.

Chance to do that with a couple back to back morning games.

Because we do so well in those...

Seriously a 10am start is ludicrous. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Two games in a row the club plays good and our goalie costs us points.  Demko needs to at least play decent.  Heck, we gave up less than 50 total shots in those games, while putting 90 on the other teams.  And Demko gives up NINE.  

If JR is evaluating the club, what’s he thinking about Demko?  

Do you really feel that way about Demko ? Or is this just some sarcastic shtick , hard to tell on here sometimes. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Lol. He had a breakaway and fanned on a shot. Those aren’t other players faults. Lol. He is only getting chances now and this has been happening for a lot of games now. So are you ok with paying someone 7.35 million because he gets chances? I am not.

Lol I'm more than ok if he goes out and setup grade A chances. He setup at least 5 tonight. All u focus on is him missing on a breakaway but don't give a f** about all the grade A chance he setup tonight that wasn't finished. 

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

To me this was a measuring stick. Last game too.  7 years going on 8 of Bennings work. 

Probably 3 prominent players away from being able to run with the big dogs.

At least one offensively gifted forward (preferably a C) and a couple d men- one that is offensive minded and another that is a hard nosed shutdown type.

i think that they can effectively compete against middle and lower tier teams, they need to bolster the roster to be a true threat. 

hopefully the new management team have some solutions. 

A true number one centre? I think this organization and fan base thought we had that in Petey, but might be wrong, and miscalculated on that. 

I think the Canucks can definitely compete against the middle tier teams and obviously the lower end ones, but the top tier teams they fall short. Like they did against Florida and tonight, against the Lightning. 

I think in order for us to get a hard nosed shut-down defenseman, some posters on here have floated the idea of maybe acquiring Brandon Carlo, but in order for that to occur, we might have to part ways with Miller. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Two games in a row the club plays good and our goalie costs us points.  Demko needs to at least play decent.  Heck, we gave up less than 50 total shots in those games, while putting 90 on the other teams.  And Demko gives up NINE.  

Bed time for old gramps? I think so.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Because we do so well in those...

Seriously a 10am start is ludicrous. 

Well that’s the regular practice time which they seem to work hard in.

Might be better than the. 7:00 start where they forget the game has started.

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol I'm more than ok if he goes out and setup grade A chances. He setup at least 5 tonight. All u focus on is him missing on a breakaway but don't give a f** about all the grade A chance he setup tonight that wasn't finished. 

Yeah. if those grade A chances were converted, he could’ve had a five point night. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well that’s the regular practice time which they seem to work hard in.

Might be better than the. 7:00 start where they forget the game has started.

I find that the early games are usually toughest for players. It isn’t a part of their routine. Players are generally used to evening games. So a day game, let alone a morning game throws a lot of players off. 

2 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Do you really feel that way about Demko ? Or is this just some sarcastic shtick , hard to tell on here sometimes. 

Demko just cost us two games, and at least three points.  It’s not what I feel about him.  It’s the stats that show us this.  He was bad and Bob and Vasi were very good.  I’m actually impressed with how well our guys played, considering how poorly their goalie played.  Often, when the goalie is playing bad, the players try to do too much and run around out of position.  Our guys stuck with their game and easily outplayed the other teams.  

It’s okay to love Demko.  Bubble Demko is a top five goalie in the world.  Demko these last two games was terrible.  If we are going to win we need Bubble Boy back.  

• Haha 3

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I find that the early games are usually toughest for players. It isn’t a part of their routine. Players are generally used to evening games. So a day game, let alone a morning game throws a lot of players off. 

The Canes players aren’t used to it either.

No advantage either way really.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf. I don’t think Demko has been the issue. Tonight, he definitely wasn’t in my perspective and opinion. He wasn’t spectacular, but he wasn’t god awful either. The team couldn’t score goals to provide support. I mean, when you have goals coming from Highmore and Motte - your bottom six players - that’s great. But if the goals are only coming from your bottom six. You’re going to be losing a lot more games than winning them. 

Where was Bo tonight? Miller? Petey? Pearson? Höglander? Podkolzin? The list goes on and on and on. We have some offensively gifted players. None of our top six produced anything tonight. 

And we still going to put that on Demko? 

Go to bed, man. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3