The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Panthers at Canucks, Fri. Jan.21st @ 7pm, SNET Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Then we should get rid of Mikey D if we aren't going to play him. Obviously he isn't ready for the NHL yet but he is suppose to be the backup next season not some AHL journeyman. Get him experience. 

yup get him blown out by the top team in the league missing your top 2 centers definitely great experience just like the time when the team hung him out to dry in his first ever game. with horvat and miller both out we'll be lucky if we can even win a faceoff tonight as dickerson and pettersson both struggles with faceoff and now they get to faceoff against the other teams top center.

• Thanks 1

Martin has had the better year in the AHL so far so he should get the start.  Maybe it's an Ian Clark thing, but Martin seems to have been more effective than either Siovs or Dipietro this year.

No idea what to expect in this game.  Very curious if we'll see a different style to try and shelter the starter.  My guess is they will continue to push the up tempo attacking style.  Better to just keep the puck outside your own zone.  Obviously easier said than done, especially against the Panthers who have been so good this year.

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yup get him blown out by the top team in the league missing your top 2 centers definitely great experience just like the time when the team hung him out to dry in his first ever game. with horvat and miller both out we'll be lucky if we can even win a faceoff tonight as dickerson and pettersson both struggles with faceoff and now they get to faceoff against the other teams top center.

Yep people forget what the sharks did to Mikey D

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Yep people forget what the sharks did to Mikey D

What did we forget?

He said after that he learnt a lot about the NHL game and the speed. He added that it helped him focus on what needed to get better. 

It was CDC that whined and cried about him being ruined forever

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

What did we forget?

He said after that he learnt a lot about the NHL game and the speed. He added that it helped him focus on what needed to get better. 

It was CDC that whined and cried about him being ruined forever

lol and he looked very average ever since. he's no where nhl ready and regressed quite a bit this year.. u can say what u want about the abby canucks lineup.. spencer martin plays behind the same team and their stats are night and day

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not sure why Boudreau continues to rotate between Hunt and Burroughs. I think Burroughs should stay in the lineup.

I heard on the radio yesterday he tweaked an upper body injury against Nashville. I'd like Rathbone to get a try soon though. 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Going to be ugly if nux don't play an outstanding team gsme

Maybe call up Luongo. Nux still paying him. 

This would be the perfect time for strombone1 to tweet considering his two former teams playing against each other, while one team is missing their starting and backup goaltender.

• Haha 1