The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] January 25, 2022 Edmonton Oilers (19-16-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (18-19-4) at 7:00 SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Demko's in net, Canucks win

If DiPietro is in net, it could be real bad

I had such high hopes for Mikey but he's completely stagnated regressed even from his last season in Utica. Really hope he turns it around but I think Silov or Spencer will be the backup next season.

I think he relies far to much on athleticism while struggling with the fundamentals like tracking the puck and positioning.

That 3rd goal was a good example, it wasn't a hard shot and it wasn't a well placed shot, yet he wasn't able to either figure where his glove needed to be or wasn't quick enough. Either way I've seen a lot of goals like that scored on him, sure he makes some really athletic wow type saves but is beaten far two often on easy saves that should be instinct type saves.  if after 3 years with Ian he's not progressing but regressing that's a big red flag.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I had such high hopes for Mikey but he's completely stagnated regressed even from his last season in Utica. Really hope he turns it around but I think Silov or Spencer will be the backup next season.

I think he relies far to much on athleticism while struggling with the fundamentals like tracking the puck and positioning.

That 3rd goal was a good example, it wasn't a hard shot and it wasn't a well placed shot, yet he wasn't able to either figure where his glove needed to be or wasn't quick enough. Either way I've seen a lot of goals like that scored on him, sure he makes some really athletic wow type saves but is beaten far two often on easy saves that should be instinct type saves.  if after 3 years with Ian he's not progressing but regressing that's a big red flag.

Hope Dipietro, gets another chance to get a win before going back to Abby.   

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

People forget other goalies who struggled in their first few NHL games, trying to get the rhythm with it moving much faster than the AHL. Cory Schneider and Thatcher Demko, both sucked in their first few games.

Have you seen him in Abby this season? He's been terrible.

Edited by Alienhuggyflow
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Hope Dipietro, gets another chance to get a win before going back to Abby.   

Not tonight tho. #97 and #29 are pretty good at their job,well at least the non defense part and if they have one of their games where they're really feeling it that not only hurts the teams playoff hunt but could crush the poor guy.

Hopefully since JT is back and both apparently had no symptoms, Demko will be back as well.