The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

they're not running a seminary

No but they're trying to establish a team culture and to add a guy who is a known asshat is asking for it.  

If they're going to have another forward at $7+ mil next year, I'd take Miller over Kane every time

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

No but they're trying to establish a team culture and to add a guy who is a known asshat is asking for it.  

If they're going to have another forward at $7+ mil next year, I'd take Miller over Kane every time

a culture of what, golfing in April?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

a culture of what, golfing in April?

A culture of getting along, playing honest, hard hockey.

Being a good citizen.

Realizing that cheating to win, is not winning- it's cheating.

A player, that plays like Kane, but is not Kane, would be a good find.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Being a good citizen.

Sounds like the Oilers players like Kane just fine.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Just so we are clear - the Oilers are where they are right now in this year's playoffs because of one player only and his name isn't Kane

No argument here, but Kane does have 10 goals in 10 games and is also.there to make sure no one messes with McD

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No argument here, but Kane does have 10 goals in 10 games and is also.there to make sure no one messes with McD

I just don't see him fitting in with the Canucks - different team and zero pressure in Edmonton vs being a home town kid. Plus not sold on him changing his attitude yet which he really needs to do.

19 minutes ago, gurn said:

So did Atlanta- at first

so did Winnipeg- at first

so did Buffalo- at first

so did San Jose- at first

Yeah, while I fully agree we could use a guy or two who play like Kane, I don't want him anywhere near this roster other than when we're playing whatever unfortunate team decides to give him more than one year of term this summer.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As much as an a hole that Kane is, there is no doubt he is an incredibly talented player and highly productive on the scoresheet.

Question remains, regardless of fan desires, do team not care if someone is an a hole as long as they produce?

If the best player in hockey doesn’t care, then I would say most players would think the same way.

DeAngelo, is another example, along with Kane, they have undoubtedly helped their teams in their post season runs so far. Their teams seem pretty happy, just saying….

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

DeAngelo, is another example, along with Kane, they have undoubtedly helped their teams in their post season runs so far. Their teams seem pretty happy, just saying….

And the teams those players got turfed from are happy they are gone.

So give it a bit before deciding.

Also, whether the new teams like them or not is irrelevant to my desire to have a classy, hard working team to cheer for.

Bring scummy people to the Canucks- lose me as a fan.

He's worked out in Edmonton, and you know, good for him. Hopefully he can salvage a career, and hopefully he learns his lesson and smartens up. That being said, I haven't changed my mind on not wanting him. But it doesn't have to be boooo I don't like him I hope he falls on his face. 

I don't see him staying in Edmonton, and forward isn't where I'd be allocating money if I were them. If not for McDavid and Tanev being injured Edmonton would likely be down 3-0 right now. But sure, he's having success on a McDavid and Draisaitl driven team. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Question remains, regardless of fan desires, do team not care if someone is an a hole as long as they produce?

A-holes win Cups. (Dustin Brown, Brad Marchand, Duncan Keith, David Bolland,  etc.)  Good chance Matt Tkachuk wins one at some point. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

A-holes win Cups. (Dustin Brown, Brad Marchand, Duncan Keith, David Bolland,  etc.)  Good chance Matt Tkachuk wins one at some point. 

So do gay players, young players, old players, good players, and players with brown hair.

In fact every team that won a cup had players.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MikeBossy said:

I just don't see him fitting in with the Canucks - different team and zero pressure in Edmonton vs being a home town kid. Plus not sold on him changing his attitude yet which he really needs to do.

That’s the problem HERE,  no one sees him fitting in anywhere, especially HERE,  cause it will infect our golf team every April.

Kanes arrival seemed to turn it around for Edmonton and is keeping them on tracks they often derail on.  Even Smitty realizes the elements / full tool box Kane brings to the Oilers.

Good boys don’t do that.

You dont win a Stanley Up with “atta boys” and taps on the bum.

Most on these threads love there choir boys, but forget they would ripped apart in playoff hockey on pursuit of Stanley Cup.

This is a player consistent of his points for the last 5 seasons,  thats impressive .

When he comes to the rink he comes to play hockey, and he does.

His personal life,  is like ours,.  Personal Life.

54 minutes ago, gurn said:

So did Atlanta- at first

so did Winnipeg- at first

so did Buffalo- at first

so did San Jose- at first

Live in the past,  show up last.

Your saying his effects are still having an effect lol.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Being a good citizen.

Ohhhh a Charity Club ?  with rules inside rules to keep us all aligned?

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's worked out in Edmonton, and you know, good for him. Hopefully he can salvage a career, and hopefully he learns his lesson and smartens up. That being said, I haven't changed my mind on not wanting him. But it doesn't have to be boooo I don't like him I hope he falls on his face. 

I don't see him staying in Edmonton, and forward isn't where I'd be allocating money if I were them. If not for McDavid and Tanev being injured Edmonton would likely be down 3-0 right now. But sure, he's having success on a McDavid and Draisaitl driven team. 

Salvage a career?   I thought you for one would check his stats?  Yes, hockey stats,  not newspaper headlines.

Tanev is NOT who you think he is,  I bet you thought Markstrom was a better goalie than he is proving to be.

it’s a TEAM sport every team has there better players..   the best ones constantly evolve,  and that is what McDavid is doing, utilizing his Team as effectively as possible.