The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

Can you show me where I said Kane is a cheater, or were I said signing Kane is cheating?

Here: 

5A07FCFD-B408-43EA-9EC8-F5188FF67388.thumb.jpeg.1260eaf64703d2b7c6accd2b6fd43f2b.jpeg

Im sure you read everything leading up to your quote in their conversation :

2827CBF9-10B0-4050-8FF2-EA0CEF2C88E2.thumb.jpeg.98c8da07fbaf2a392fb153e1d6a92752.jpeg

1AAFCD32-A333-4E31-AB8D-0C0B1F11651F.thumb.jpeg.db2de3c73dcc038aee8abf21505e404e.jpeg

E4568C6B-2DCE-4D47-8599-07A015629C63.thumb.jpeg.7cc6ff2a85b74affb86adb7d805e5475.jpeg

I trust you did read everything in their conversation BEFORE you gave your input.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

Excellent-you found where I said Cheating to win is not winning- now find where I said Kane is a cheater.

You will find where I've said i don't want him on my team, you'll probably find where I've called him a liar, a trouble maker, a poor teamate, a poor excuse for a person and so on plus mentioned all the other crap this guy has pulled.

But I don't think you will find me calling him a cheater.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Excellent-you found where I said Cheating to win is not winning- now find where I said Kane is a cheater.

You will find where I've said i don't want him on my team, you'll probably find where I've called him a liar, a trouble maker, a poor teamate, a poor excuse for a person and so on plus mentioned all the other crap this guy has pulled.

But I don't think you will find me calling him a cheater.

But it pretty well was implied when you entered the previous conversation and added that .

What ever,  I get your stance.. and I can appreciate it without agreeing with it.

I just find there is too many on here who don’t know the history of the game, and realize the type of players that have been, and are,.  And how,.. even thought the game itself evolves, the different levels of player types are always consistent, there will always be players we don’t like ( or “hate”) who bring an awful lot to the teams and dressing rooms of a Stanley Cup Winning City.

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I just find there is too many on here who don’t know the history of the game, and realize the type of players that have been, and are,.  And how,.. even thought the game itself evolves, the different levels of player types are always consistent, there will always be players we don’t like ( or “hate”) who bring an awful lot to the teams and dressing rooms of a Stanley Cup Winning City.

I don't have a problem with jerks on the team, as long as the team is ok with that.

Kane- more than a jerk- not fine by me. Too bad though as he is a good player, and sadly the exact kind of, on ice, player we need.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, gurn said:

First game of the play offs-next year.

Draisaitl and McDavid are lined up together.

J.T. Miller spears McDavid off the face off- Mcdavid is injured and misses the remainder of the year.

At the same time Podz slashed Drais hand, breaking 3 fingers and Drais misses the rest of the play offs.

Canucks go on to win- all good in your view- cause cheating is fine?

I would be celebrating I don’t care how it gets done. 

What about Boychuk breaking Raymond’s back or Ratboy injuring Salo. Or Duncan Keith taking out Daniel for the playoffs. Nobody gives a damn how you win.

• Upvote 2

On 5/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, flickyoursedin said:

I’m not sure what his next contract looks like. Is somebody going to commit 5+ million on a 3-5 year contract for him?

Yep I bet Edmonton will give him $5m x 3-4 years if he is judged to be a UFA. And so would quite a few other teams

7 hours ago, Ferlands_Head said:

I would be celebrating I don’t care how it gets done. 

What about Boychuk breaking Raymond’s back or Ratboy injuring Salo. Or Duncan Keith taking out Daniel for the playoffs. Nobody gives a damn how you win.

Just because you don't seem to care- don't assume everybody doesn't care.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I just find there is too many on here who don’t know the history of the game, and realize the type of players that have been, and are,

I've got zero problems with hockey players who play the game hard, even a little dirty, rats, pests etc. Love to add more to the roster in fact. And most of the best of those guys, are absolute gentlemen in person.

What I don't want, is the team adding a person, with a pretty clear history of being a bad person, lacking in character, who has repeatedly worn out his welcome and become a distraction to numerous teams. No thanks.

Nobody is disputing he knows how to play hockey well. Kane, the hockey player, isn't the issue.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I've got zero problems with hockey players who play the game hard, even a little dirty, rats, pests etc. Love to add more to the roster in fact. And most of the best of those guys, are absolute gentlemen in person.

Gordie Howe is a perfect example of this.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, gurn said:

Just because you don't seem to care- don't assume everybody doesn't care.

Let me ask you this. Assuming you’re a Blackhawks fan and Patrick Kane beat up the cab driver and then goes on to win a cup? Is that not still winning? And would you not celebrate the cup? 

Or what about a guy like Pronger who’s celebrated across the league. He plays a bit dirty to say the least would you not want to win? 

What about Stevens taking out Lindros or Kariya. Would New Jersey fans cry about cheating? Or put yourself in their shoes would you just not celebrate the cup? You should win at all costs imo you shouldn’t apologize for crossing the line a bit. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

What I don't want, is the team adding a person, with a pretty clear history of being a bad person, lacking in character, who has repeatedly worn out his welcome and become a distraction to numerous teams. No thanks.

Nobody is disputing he knows how to play hockey well. Kane, the hockey player, isn't the issue.

I may be the minority here but honestly do not care about who they are off the ice. It’s the on ice performance that matters only. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ferlands_Head said:

I may be the minority here but honestly do not care about who they are off the ice. It’s the on ice performance that matters only. 

Let me introduce you to a kool kid kalld Virtanen.

He’s an angel really…

2 hours ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. But while that's your take and you're welcome to it it also puts you on one side of what's a pretty hard line for some folks and no amount of back and forth bantering is going to change that. 

You seem to value on ice performance above all else, whereas for others it's an issue of character and morality. Morality and one's interpretation and application of morality isn't an insignificant thing, and while perhaps you don't let that bleed into your take in regards to hockey and hockey players, some folks do. I don't agree with your take, but life is full of people with takes we'll never agree with and that's just how things go. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Let me introduce you to a kool kid kalld Virtanen.

He’s an angel really…

If he were a 30 goal power forward I would gladly welcome him on the team. Even though he's a POS outside the rink, it's on ice performance that should really matter.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Ferlands_Head said:

That's fine as a fan.

Unfortunately, players interact with each other a LOT off the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

If he were a 30 goal power forward I would gladly welcome him on the team. Even though he's a POS outside the rink, it's on ice performance that should really matter.

lol

That won’t cut it with the ultra ‘in’ crowd in Vancouver. 

Virtanen could hoist the Cup on Van soil and get booed out of the building for what he did off ice.

It’s just that kind of crowd.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

lol

That won’t cut it with the ultra ‘in’ crowd in Vancouver. 

Virtanen could hoist the Cup on Van soil and get booed out of the building for what he did off ice.

It’s just that kind of crowd.

Rightfully so. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2