The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I feel like you have to allow this team to just "go" for awhile.  They're finding chemistry and gelling as a team, let them get some rhythm going.  

I just really can't take a disruption to "try" to put them in a position to win (later) when they're actually fighting to get there right now.

We're always chasing something (different).

I hate the trade deadline.  So much.

• Cheers 3

Just now, -DLC- said:

I feel like you have to allow this time to "go" for awhile.  They're finding chemistry and gelling as a team.   

I just really can't take a disruption to "try" to put them in a position to win when they're actually fighting to get there right now.

We're always chasing something (different).

I hate the trade deadline.  So much.

The funny part is it’s still…. wait for it 

2 MONTHS away. 

A lot can change

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Miller could walk as a free agent...hopefully management have a handle on this and make the right decision

Miller’s trade value, because of his contract, is its most now.  If we are trading him, now is the time.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller           Pettersson    Boeser

Podkolzin    Draisaitl        Garland

Höglander   Horvat          Klimovich

Motte          Lammikko    Highmore

I likey...

Wow

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Things to consider when you are trading your best player for picks and prospects:

That 1st round pick may not pan out.  Lots of 1st round picks don't even make it to the NHL.

The prospects may not pan out.  Lots of prospects look good and then fizzle out after they play a year or two of NHL hockey.  

Once your best player is gone he isn't coming back.  Ever.  You are stuck with that 1st round pick than can bust and a couple of top prospects who may not be any more than serviceable NHL players.

Something to think about...

And that’s why we don’t move Miller for a bustaroo guy like Lafreniere.  

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It will be Miller.  Miller isn’t going to stay here as a UFA, so it’s best to dump him now and get a very tasty return.  

You have no idea if he would or wouldn't stay. 

From all accounts even after the mess of last season he's never wanted out. If he's happy here and the team continues to play well and take another step next season why would he want to leave if we offer the same money as he would get as a ufa?

He's the kind of player you spend cap dollars on and he is the type that even if the last few season on the deal hurt its mitigated by how much better our chances of succeeding with him in the next 3-4  years till he's 34. Even then nobody knows if he's going to regress a huge amount. 

Plenty of players with more mileage and injuries still play at an elite level in their 34-36 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

This was one hell of a road game. Completely dominated special teams and never once sat back passively with the lead.

No goals from the d but 7 assists is a start.

JT collecting the puck seems unimportant but to me that's the sign of a leader. Please extend this man.

Brock and Petey both get called out a bit and both respond with great games hustling all night.

Loved our line with Motte, Highmore and Lamiko. The fact they were all traded for in deals that a lot of people felt Benning got taken behind the wood shed makes me love that line more.

Perfectly said....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1