The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

19 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Nice play from Zacha but its easy to find highlight reels on players. Zacha has been a headache in NJD for a long time. In a similar way to Virtanen was in VAN - he has great tools and sometimes he uses them, but he never seems to hit his potential.

I guess my point is that you seem to be trying to compare Boeser and Zacha. And you also seem to be suggesting that Zacha is the better player (bigger, stronger, goes to the net, has so much potential).

Maybe I am misunderstanding that, and apologies if I am getting that wrong. But in my opinion Boeser is BY FAR the superior player. Zacha plays a totally different game to Boeser. But he is not better than Boeser. I am saying "let's not trade Boeser for Zacha".

Now if Zacha was part of a haul of returns for Boeser, then OK I would consider it. But my problem with that approach is that Zacha is not a 3C, he's really more of a 3LW and we already have a few of those. If we are trading Boeser we need to be getting top 4 D or top 6 F guys back (or prospects with clear potential to hit those).

Cheers

Im not at all saying Zacha is a straight across for Boeser,.  But I do think he has more elements to his game that would work chemically with this team.

He is not afraid to carry the puck , or clearly be “net/crease present”. .  In that fashion, I find Zacha more versatile.

Having said that, he could fill what ever hole Boeser leaves and be as productive as he (Zacha) was last season (.7 ppg).

I do think one or two other great prospects would return with Zacha.

The thing is,  7.5m to Qualify Boeser is too much..    and so may be the deliberations, arbitration and time to settle it.  
opportunities will appear ,  but those windows are only open so long.

some here think Boeser might give us a sweetheart deal,.  In that same breath, perhaps Miller and Horvat will too.

That I find hyped wishes, or the over hyped 9m floating around for Miller to stay.

Zacha Qualifies at 3m this Summer..  the 4.5m

could be used elsewhere.

I just find this discussion on this report intriguing.   And of course just my opinion.

I’m not much into fan base conversations on “Reddit” to assess a players potential,  Video works for me.

Zacha looks like he needs a fresh start,.  I felt the same about Motte, Lamikko and Juulsen ..

i didn’t expect it out of Highmore,. But that is a nice surprise too .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I really don't see this mgmt group getting to the point of giving a QO to Boeser. I think that they will look to sign him long term to a much better deal (starting with a 6) and if this cannot be sorted out by the end of the season then they will trade his rights. Cheers

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Im not at all saying Zacha is a straight across for Boeser,.  But I do think he has more elements to his game that would work chemically with this team.

He is not afraid to carry the puck , or clearly be “net/crease present”. .  In that fashion, I find Zacha more versatile.

Having said that, he could fill what ever hole Boeser leaves and be as productive as he (Zacha) was last season (.7 ppg).

I do think one or two other great prospects would return with Zacha.

The thing is,  7.5m to Qualify Boeser is too much..    and so may be the deliberations, arbitration and time to settle it.  
opportunities will appear ,  but those windows are only open so long.

some here think Boeser might give us a sweetheart deal,.  In that same breath, perhaps Miller and Horvat will too.

That I find hyped wishes, or the over hyped 9m floating around for Miller to stay.

Zacha Qualifies at 3m this Summer..  the 4.5m

could be used elsewhere.

I just find this discussion on this report intriguing.   And of course just my opinion.

I’m not much into fan base conversations on “Reddit” to assess a players potential,  Video works for me.

Zacha looks like he needs a fresh start,.  I felt the same about Motte, Lamikko and Juulsen ..

i didn’t expect it out of Highmore,. But that is a nice surprise too .

I don't think NJ wants that contract for boeser, hence the rumour is around garland

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I really don't see this mgmt group getting to the point of giving a QO to Boeser. I think that they will look to sign him long term to a much better deal (starting with a 6) and if this cannot be sorted out by the end of the season then they will trade his rights. Cheers

Theyre not dumb enough to sign boesers slow ass long term.  

17 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Very glad you're not management and don't speak for them. If a trade goes down involving these 2, Zacha is the sweetner not the main draw.

The guy has hated Boeser forever.  They could be winning 5-1 and he blames Boeser.  Boeser could have the winning goal and he blames him for being slow to score it. Myers could trip on a play which leads to a goal against and he will blame Boeser for creating the rut on the ice 5 minutes prior.. it’s kinda funny 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

The guy has hated Boeser forever.  They could be winning 5-1 and he blames Boeser.  Boeser could have the winning goal and he blames him for being slow to score it. Myers could trip on a play which leads to a goal against and he will blame Boeser for creating the rut on the ice 5 minutes prior.. it’s kinda funny 

What a weird hang up. Chooses someone who from all reports sounds to be a super good dude, plays great hockey, and has scored at a roughly 30 goal rate over his career and just dislikes him just because. Some people just have hate in their hearts I guess.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I posted this in the Boeser trade topic but what about

to NJ

Jason Dickenson

Brock Boeser

to Van

Pavel Zacha

Kevin Bahl 

1st rd pick

2nd rd pick 

NJ will not give up bahl 1st and a 2nd for a RFA boeser that's not signed to long term and have a 7.5QO.. there's no guarantees he even signs a long term with NJ.. let alone take on a cap dump of dickinson lol.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

NJ will not give up bahl 1st and a 2nd for a RFA boeser that's not signed to long term and have a 7.5QO.. there's no guarantees he even signs a long term with NJ.. let alone take on a cap dump of dickinson lol.

I believe if a team is seriously interested, they could be given permission to discuss an extension with Brock before a trade happens...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I believe if a team is seriously interested, they could be given permission to discuss an extension with Brock before a trade happens...

lol i doubt any team would allow you to discuss an extension with a player before trading.. so what if the deal doesn't go thru? boeser's going to say well then screw you guys i'll hold out for my QO?

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i doubt any team would allow you to discuss an extension with a player before trading.. so what if the deal doesn't go thru? boeser's going to say well then screw you guys i'll hold out for my QO?

I'm pretty certain that has happened in the past.  I can't think of the specific examples right now, but allowing players to negotiate an extension to facilitate a trade is nothing new.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm pretty certain that has happened in the past.  I can't think of the specific examples right now, but allowing players to negotiate an extension to facilitate a trade is nothing new.

it have only happened to a pending UFA at the end of the season.. not a pending rfa where it's no big deal if the deal falls thru coz they going to lose him anyways

Edited by wai_lai416

You guys are out of your minds if you think pavel zacha for brock Boeser a good trade for us! Get your heads out your butts! Lolol the ones who we should be trading is... Tyler Myers, Connor Garland, OEL, Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman that’s it. We’re not trading our core! Cray Crays! 

Edited by KnuckleHead16
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

You guys are out of your minds if you think pavel zacha for brock Boeser a good trade for us! Get your heads out your butts! Lolol the ones who we should be trading is... Tyler Myers, Connor Garland, OEL, Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman that’s it. We’re not trading our core! Cray Crays! 

I'm loathe to trade Garland. He might be small, but he's so fiesty and has fire in his belly. Love to keep players like that on our team. And, on top of it, he's got a great contract for the next 5 years.

• Cheers 1