The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

11 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

You guys are out of your minds if you think pavel zacha for brock Boeser a good trade for us! Get your heads out your butts! Lolol the ones who we should be trading is... Tyler Myers, Connor Garland, OEL, Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman that’s it. We’re not trading our core! Cray Crays! 

Zacha plus, not zacha alone.

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Zacha is a reclamation project. Trade Dickinson or Poolman for him and I'm ok with that, much more then that and there is a good chance we get burned. If Garland or Boeser is going that way the main return better be huge, cause Zacha barely moves my needle.

I think if the Canucks were trading Brock now, I'm not sure they get the value they should be getting in return. 

I know he's slower of a skater than everyone else on the team, but he's got other intangibles and other aspects of the game he brings to the ice.

The question for me is, is he a consistent enough point producer, because if he's not producing points, he's not doing much of anything else either. He's not a PK'er. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I think if the Canucks were trading Brock now, I'm not sure they get the value they should be getting in return. 

I know he's slower of a skater than everyone else on the team, but he's got other intangibles and other aspects of the game he brings to the ice.

The question for me is, is he a consistent enough point producer, because if he's not producing points, he's not doing much of anything else either. He's not a PK'er. 

He's having a bad year, but I don't necessarily agree with him not doing anything when he's not scoring. No, he doesn't pk, but nor do most top line wingers. But Brock is an underated playmaker, and he wins puck battles. He's been off this year, but last year he was in the top 15 of all forwards at winning puck battles, which is actually pretty incredible.

But I agree his value would be low right now. Hence why I think trading him is a terrible idea. Sell high and buy low, we had to many years of doing the opposite. Boeser is likely worth more to the team then what he brings back in a trade. He's not perfect, but he's pretty darn good.

• Like 1

HFboards has the rumours of a base trade of Dickinson for Zacha. Would there be an add for Vancouver here? I would think so but maybe not with Dickinson locked in for 2 more years and Zacha needing a raise after this season likely at a higher cap hit than Dickinson. Straight swap is a no brainer. I’d see us having to add at least a 4th round pick as I do think Zacha is the better player. We are already without our 2nd rounder so I hope we wouldn’t add in our 3rd for a swap.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

HFboards has the rumours of a base trade of Dickinson for Zacha. Would there be an add for Vancouver here? I would think so but maybe not with Dickinson locked in for 2 more years and Zacha needing a raise after this season likely at a higher cap hit than Dickinson. Straight swap is a no brainer. I’d see us having to add at least a 4th round pick as I do think Zacha is the better player. We are already without our 2nd rounder so I hope we wouldn’t add in our 3rd for a swap.

If JR/PA turn Dickinson into Zacha, that'd be a great start to a retool. 

• Cheers 2

There’s a fella who was on the board here from the interior who also worked in DAL and watched Dickinson play when he was with the Stars. 

this poster took a LOT of heat for saying Dickinson was being vastly overrated by other posters here and described why he held that perspective from his own first hand experience.

turns out he was bang on.

a lot of ppl on here owe that guy an apology. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

There’s a fella who was on the board here from the interior who also worked in DAL and watched Dickinson play when he was with the Stars. 

this poster took a LOT of heat for saying Dickinson was being vastly overrated by other posters here and described why he held that perspective from his own first hand experience.

turns out he was bang on.

a lot of ppl on here owe that guy an apology. 

NO!!  WE ARE CDCers!  WE DON'T APOLOGIZE TO NOBODY!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yes please!:lol:

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

how much do you think Zacha would be asking for his next contract? 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

how much do you think Zacha would be asking for his next contract? 

His qualifier is 3 million, but his projected market value is 2.7. if we can get him for Dicky that would be great. Watch him till seasons end and if he doesn't show you anything, just let him walk. NJ gets a defensive responsible player, we get a guy with possible upside and if not cap flexabity. Win win?

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

His qualifier is 3 million, but his projected market value is 2.7. if we can get him for Dicky that would be great. Watch him till seasons end and if he doesn't show you anything, just let him walk. NJ gets a defensive responsible player, we get a guy with possible upside and if not cap flexabity. Win win?

Perhaps. Would be a loss if we just traded Dickinson for Zacha, and then let him walk at season’s end. I don’t think management will do that, even though that could be one way of creating more cap space. But we lose an asset for nothing. Zacha would have to show absolutely close to nothing, before management lets him walk for free. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Zacha is gonna make more than Dickinson next contract so cap will still need to be cleared elsewhere.

We'd also have to add. Zacha has more value than Dick. We don't have many prospects/picks as it is unless they come from another deal.

Dicky is worth equal to Zacha.  Devils will likely let Zacha walk instead of paying him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dicky is worth equal to Zacha.  Devils will likely let Zacha walk instead of paying him.

They don't want Dickinscrub unless you're attaching picks/prospects with.

They're more reportedly interested in Boeser anyway. At which point it is Zacha ++

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Perhaps. Would be a loss if we just traded Dickinson for Zacha, and then let him walk at season’s end. I don’t think management will do that, even though that could be one way of creating more cap space. But we lose an asset for nothing. Zacha would have to show absolutely close to nothing, before management lets him walk for free. 

I'm not sure if Dicky has value, cap space might be his value if he goes for Zacha. I'd be ok with that. He hasn't worked here, it sucks we lost a 3rd. I liked the bet at the time.

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They don't want Dickinscrub unless you're attaching picks/prospects with.

They're more reportedly interested in Boeser anyway. At which point it is Zacha ++

If Brock goes to NJ, I think they win that deal, because they get the best player in that deal. 

Zacha is nowhere close to what kind of player Brock is, and neither is Ty Smith, who is reportedly horrible in his own end. 

what would interest us from NJ? 

• Like 1

I see no value in trading boeser for zacha + other than cap space.. cap space for what? Keeping Miller at 8.5+ on a retirement contract? So who's playing with Miller? Zacha? Not exactly a top line forward.. podz is not close to being a top line forward.. EP? Haven't exactly been working... or spend the other 3 mil u save from boeser to pray u can find a top line forward for 3mil?? 

Boesers production is fine ever since BB took over.. he has like 19 points in 23 games since bb took over.. that's more in line with his career avg.. the whole trade boeser keep miller makes 0 sense as Boeser is literally the only player Miller played with everyday in vancouver and everyone wants to keep miller and stay competitive to compete.. compete with what? Once u get rid of boeser we don't even have a top line.. zacha miller Pearson?? That's a line that'll make this team competitive?? We don't even have the cap space to bring anyone in for the top line lol. Unless u can on getting rid of garland too and find a 7mil 1st liner in ufa there isn't really much upcoming free agent winger that fits that catergory 

• Like 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

If Brock goes to NJ, I think they win that deal, because they get the best player in that deal. 

Zacha is nowhere close to what kind of player Brock is, and neither is Ty Smith, who is reportedly horrible in his own end. 

what would interest us from NJ? 

They have a number of quality prospects. A combo of Zacha + Bahl + Foote would add some size. Make us tougher to play against. Might be a bit too pricey for the Devils given the circumstances.

The kicker is a 7.5M qualifying offer and arb takes him to UFA the following year. He would have zero ties with NJD too. Tough to see a team trade for him unless they're allowed to work on a deal before hand.