The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Feb. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

If anyone has to go move Dickinson…i like the rest of the forward group. 

We have a player named Dickinson? Haven't seen him.. 

I kid, but man, he does some good work defensively but he's been a letdown. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I'm pretty convinced we'll never win another game ever if we trade JT.

I hate when I read all the talk about trading JT. And Brock for that matter.
Lose Horvat and Dickenson

Edited by DJB

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Seeing Motte get dumped and Miller go after the guy while Bo just stood there... I know trading Miller for a haul is probably the right thing to do but man, he's our heart and soul leader.

Bo stands there all the time when someone is getting it. Or just skates away. Remember the huge hit on Hughes awhile ago in front of the net and Bo looked and skated away. 

Edited by DJB

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He more often than not does, just this play Miller was already on it because he was right there. Miller has just about as much leadership responsibility as Bo does and it was handled. 

Thats fair, but I did have an expectation regardless just to show up.

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

What’s he supposed to do though, go after Couture, Burns, etc? He could have gotten a retaliatory penalty in that crucial stage of the game. He couldn’t physically get to Meier even if he tried to because of the amount of big bodies in front of him. Miller was already taking care of it, Horvat would have stepped up if someone else decided to instigate for sure. 

Sometimes just go push a guy and stir it up lol. Again not expecting Bo to bully guys around, but go show up for your two guys. Grab a few guys, go tie up someone so there aren't 4 guys on Miller and Motte.

Again its just about showing up to the dance.

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

trade horvat to NYC for the package we want for miller, horvat can then replace strome

Horvat for Lundquist, 2022 1st, and one of Othman/Cuyllie

Boeser + Dickinson to NJD for Zacha + Shakir+ Yegor

Horvat wouldn't get the package Miller would. 

48 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Some of the Sharks penalties were more iffy. Myers did push that guy into Demko and Sharks got a penalty for it. Burroughs also got that guy in the head and we got away with one. Probably could have seen a minor there. Petey kinda embellished on the cross-check on him.

Sharks probably had more reason to complain that game.

Meh, there were a few more where the Sharks came away lucky.   The trip behind the Canuck net leasing to a turnover is a no-brainer.

I agree w you on the goalie interference, though. But I didn't think Petey embellished at all.  He had just gotten up from getting knocked down.  The cross-check was an easy call.  I can see letting Meier's go at the end there, but Viel shoulda got 2 more than Burroughs, too.  There were some other plays late that maybe coulda shoulda gone against the Canucks, so I think it was more balanced poor reffing.  

Unrelated: I just loved the camera shot of the angry woman in the stands, telling the Canuck fan to sit down after Garland's goal.  Suck it, guppy fan!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

That wasn't our captain, he's a pretender who was one of the architects behind our quintessential captain being traded. A fraud, a con man. 

I'll die before I recognize Messier. 

There has to be some sort of penalty for posting that picture of that &#@ wearing Wayne Maki’s #. A black period of Canucks history, I 100% agree with Coconuts.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Kind of frustrating that they don’t seem to be able to put it all together for a game.

Like if they score 4 goals a night and Demko plays like he can they can cruise to alot of wins.

Just need to find that consistency. This team

is capable of winning every night if everyone’s contributing.

Id like to see a convincing win at some point here.

• Vintage 1