The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

10 hours ago, 70seven said:

This kid scores nice goals. Good skating agility, and real nice deceptive shot release and quick hands.  Looks like fiala/kyrou type player. 

On other tape showing his goals and assists he is a remarkable and passer ,  going where the puck needs to go for the best opportunity for an opportunity,  or create the timing and space for it.

heads up playmaker,  unselfish, team player.

• Cheers 1

OK... so I went back to watch more Kuzmenko's goal videos closely... I noticed that the level of defensive speed & toughness in KHL almost resembles that of the AHL.... kinda like how Sheldon Dries is making it rain with Abby this season!! cause for concern much?? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... so I went back to watch more Kuzmenko's goal videos closely... I noticed that the level of defensive speed & toughness in KHL almost resembles that of the AHL.... kinda like how Sheldon Dries is making it rain with Abby this season!! cause for concern much?? 

Linden Vey lead the KHL in scoring 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oops, I mixed my numbers but you get the gist. It's a big number. Sorry I wasn't out trying to rip into Boeser but more so relaying much discussed concerns about his QO. I know you said moving up from 15 to 5 is inconsequential but I have to strongly disagree. That's a huge jump in draft capital and worth a pretty penny as they say. Probably worth a fair bit more than an unsigned Boeser, which was really the whole point of my post. For all the talk about fixing the RD that's the perfect move to get a possible future #1 RD. I would agree with your target, $6.75m is probably quite realistic. Not a massive number and still a good raise.

By fixing the RHD, are you referring to drafting Nemec? He looks crazy intriguing, but would he even be available at 5?

18 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Exactly!!! so, should we bring him back too?? 

Apples and oranges. Kuzmenko's skill set looks to be more transferable then Veys from what I've seen, and heard. Watching Kuzmenko in the few games I had the chance, he almost skates a little like Hughes. He can change directions beautiful and his skating looking effortless. He's not very fast, but he's a very good skater. He also has incredible vision on the ice and works hard to get into the open spaces. He backchecks hard, and has decent defensive awareness, something I don't recall Vey ever having.

There is a reason many NHL teams are after this guy. Good chance he's a 20-25 goal, 50 point guy in the NHL. He would look really good along side Horvat imo, since he's always looking for a good passing option and Horvat needs some to feed him for the shot. Also think he could be a pp1 threat from the way our team stacks up, peticularly if Miller is traded this offseason.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Apples and oranges. Kuzmenko's skill set looks to be more transferable then Veys from what I've seen, and heard. Watching Kuzmenko in the few games I had the chance, he almost skates a little like Hughes. He can change directions beautiful and his skating looking effortless. He's not very fast, but he's a very good skater. He also has incredible vision on the ice and works hard to get into the open spaces. He backchecks hard, and has decent defensive awareness, something I don't recall Vey ever having.

There is a reason many NHL teams are after this guy. Good chance he's a 20-25 goal, 50 point guy in the NHL. He would look really good along side Horvat imo, since he's always looking for a good passing option and Horvat needs some to feed him for the shot. Also think he could be a pp1 threat from the way our team stacks up, peticularly if Miller is traded this offseason.

Ha!! got ya! I was soley being sarcastic.... of course we want Kuzmenko here to form a lethal line with Podz!!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, J-23 said:

When does he make his decision?

A few days ago his agent was on the radio and said they expect to make their decision within the month. No exact timeline, but also very obviously said they are not in a rush and will take their time to make the right decision.

• Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Man, the way you’re describing him makes me want him even more. I hope we get him! 

A few days ago his agent was on the radio and said they expect to make their decision within the month. No exact timeline, but also very obviously said they are not in a rush and will take their time to make the right decision.

Makes me nervous we’re going to lose out. 

Would be quicker if Podz wouldn't mind calling him everyday to tell him how much he's been missed since their KHL days... 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Makes me nervous we’re going to lose out. 

I think we stand a good chance, but it's still only a chance. Fingers crossed and hope for the best my friend! If we miss out, just means there's something better out there.