The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'll keep saying it. You guys just accept the very first job you find next time. Who cares how long it takes, it's his career lol

We don't actually care, it's just the offseason and we're bored 

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Agents love this process. Keeps their names in the headlines.

I feel like Milstein is just paying lip service to us because Horvat is his client and is gonna be looking for a big payday with us.

Horvat is with Newport and represented by Pat Morris, unless he changed very recently.   Millstein represents Kane - he switched before signing with Edmonton.

Best case scenario for the Canucks is they sign Kuzmenko, sign Miller and Bo. Trade Boeser for a package with draft picks.  I love Brock but They need Miller more and Boeser has history of injuries.  The Canucks are deep on the wings, if they sign Kuzmenko that’s just more depth,  but giving away Miller for other teams throw aways is not an option.  Even at 29 he projects too good.  He plays a heavy game and we need that. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hasn’t it been a couple weeks away for like 2 months now?

Basically just say you’re waiting to see if the Lightning, Rangers, or Avs have interest.

All these lists and short lists are ridiculous. Just shut up until you’ve made a decision!

At this point I'm pretty much on par with excitement on who James Neal is narrowing it down to for this upcoming season.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, Pure961089 said:

Best case scenario for the Canucks is they sign Kuzmenko, sign Miller and Bo. Trade Boeser for a package with draft picks.  I love Brock but They need Miller more and Boeser has history of injuries.  The Canucks are deep on the wings, if they sign Kuzmenko that’s just more depth,  but giving away Miller for other teams throw aways is not an option.  Even at 29 he projects too good.  He plays a heavy game and we need that. 

We're actually not that deep on the wings. We're really not...

• Upvote 1

Seeing as nothing has come of this yet, I’m just going to be an ass and chime in to say how dumb these threads are. 

The Canucks should be “interested” in everybody, (provided they aren’t a scumbag), the question is the cost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Seeing as nothing has come of this yet, I’m just going to be an ass and chime in to say how dumb these threads are. 

The Canucks should be “interested” in everybody, (provided they aren’t a scumbag), the question is the cost.

With Kuzmenko though he gets to choose his destination.  So it’s not about our actual interest in him (all teams are interested in him). It’s about his interest in us.  Although we all know he’s going to head over the Rockies to play with McDrai, so this thread is moot.  (Moo for you younger fans). 

• Cheers 1

Is this Kuzmenko's "Feed My Ego" North American tour?   Getting Kovalchuk vibes. 

He's been in high demand apparently from several teams, all wining and dining him. LA probably has an enticing offer for him, living and playing hockey amongst the rich and famous, climate, etc.   

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With Kuzmenko though he gets to choose his destination.  So it’s not about our actual interest in him (all teams are interested in him). It’s about his interest in us.  Although we all know he’s going to head over the Rockies to play with McDrai, so this thread is moot.  (Moo for you younger fans). 

Yeah but so does every UFA. I understand we’re in the slow news cycle part of the year, and the Canucks being on the “shortlist” (whatever that ultimately means) for a KHL standout is intriguing. But ultimately this thread boils down to nothing  more than “I hope he comes here”. There is little to really discuss here. A KHL star on a cheap contract would be a great addition, but that can only mean so much.

• Vintage 1