The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

5 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

This guy thinks he's Kawhi Leonard with this song and dance...

my lord - so much noise for a guy who's going to be a middle six forward.

Nothing wrong with due diligence 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

One could easily argue that Jack Rathbone is a more promising piece then Nils Lundkvist. They are both LD and similar size. 

Agreed that they are quite similar in potential but you need some redundancy in the pipeline as they don’t all turn out.  Lundkvist is an RD though and may pair well with OEL if OEL stays more defensive as he did last year.

10 minutes ago, AlphaNuck said:

Kuzmenko malkin Petterson 

free agent. Horvat podz 

free agent copp hoglander 

motte free agent highmore 

That’s a lot of goals missing from the lineup and putting a lot of faith that Malkin can still be a number 1 center.

I don’t see that as a better team.

If JR can pull off getting Kuzmenko here, it would build a lot of confidence in what else he can do.

I never felt confident with Benning at the helm, he was a little dopey, even getting fined on his first Draft. It was like Benning didn't do his home work when he brought in players (Ferland, Kassian, Player Name, etc.) or when he drafted (VIrtanen, Juolevi, etc.)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I'm so tired of people ripping him for trying to make an educated discussion. I haven't seen a single report of him acting entitled or anything about the whole situation. It's just a young man trying to make the best choice for his career. 

If anything, people getting mad at him for taking their time are kinda acting entitled and silly. This is a young man trying to make a massive life decision, who was open about it from day one saying he was in zero rush to jump into anything. 

It’s kinda funny because everyone here seems to want access and “news,” but then some people want to complain about the whole media/social media “production” behind Kuz making his decision and the process behind it.

In the past, basically the same sort of “decision” process would happen, but there’d be no coverage and we wouldn’t get any details. There’d just be a brief signing announcement in the local sports media from the team he picked.

It’s easy enough to go back to the old way. Just don’t read any of the coverage. ;) 

But for those who are interested, there’s more media available than ever, which is a good thing IMO.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s kinda funny because everyone here seems to want access and “news,” but then some people want to complain about the whole media/social media “production” behind Kuz making his decision and the process behind it.

In the past, basically the same sort of “decision” process would happen, but there’d be no coverage and we wouldn’t get any details. There’d just be a brief signing announcement in the local sports media from the team he picked.

It’s easy enough to go back to the old way. Just don’t read any of the coverage. ;) 

But for those who are interested, there’s more media available than ever, which is a good thing IMO.

he's actually making two decisions potentially, one for his 1st year and where he may want to be as a UFA.

Most of the drama is coming from Dhaliwal, not Kuzmenko. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

he's actually making two decisions potentially, one for his 1st year and where he may want to be as a UFA.

Most of the drama is coming from Dhaliwal, not Kuzmenko. 

Maybe Kuzmenko only wants to move once?  Which team can offer him the fit he desires and pay him what he wants with his next contract?  With the Coilers it will be one and done.  With us he would have a spot with the group going forward, especially after we dump Garland.  

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Agreed that they are quite similar in potential but you need some redundancy in the pipeline as they don’t all turn out.  Lundkvist is an RD though and may pair well with OEL if OEL stays more defensive as he did last year.

We do NOT need more defencemen who can't play defence.  I don't want Lundkvist at all and would prefer we hold out for a player who is actually useful.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe Kuzmenko only wants to move once?  Which team can offer him the fit he desires and pay him what he wants with his next contract?  With the Coilers it will be one and done.  With us he would have a spot with the group going forward, especially after we dump Garland.  

A dumperoo of Garland might give him more minutes for sure. 

I like our chances of getting the most out of him under Bruce. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

A dumperoo of Garland might give him more minutes for sure. 

I like our chances of getting the most out of him under Bruce. 

I think the plan is to move Garland once we sign Kuzmenko.  Wasn’t there lots of chatter about Garland for Marino, or was that just us on CDC?  

Maybe Kuzmenko signs and we trade Miller for Kravstov + Kakko?  

Lots of changes coming, and signing Kuzmenko could be the opening act. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Oh you're right, I kept thinking of Lundkvist as LD for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think the plan is to move Garland once we sign Kuzmenko.  Wasn’t there lots of chatter about Garland for Marino, or was that just us on CDC?  

Maybe Kuzmenko signs and we trade Miller for Kravstov + Kakko?  

Lots of changes coming, and signing Kuzmenko could be the opening act. 

I saw that Gar for Mar on hockey news feed  a few weeks back . 
I don’t know if getting Kuz or not will change that.

MIller  is going to be to expensive so I doubt he’s here after august regardless.

hopfully  we can add speed size throughout the line up  this summer so we aren’t just pushed aside constantly. When guys like highmore are being praised for bouncing off and falling down on the 4th line forecheck it’s a clear indicator for the total lack of physicality  this team has. 

• Like 1