The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What if we get back that Lilligren D man (right shot) and Kerfoot (cap dumperoo) to balance the cap?  Just so long as it's a full dumperoo of Myers.

Myers is a full dumperoo as it stands. Retaining a bit and taking Muzzin back would be just great.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What if we get back that Lilligren D man (right shot) and Kerfoot (cap dumperoo) to balance the cap?  Just so long as it's a full dumperoo of Myers.

I don't know if they wanna move him, maybe they do though

14 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I think he's a bottom pairing dman who can play up to top 4 with a great partner in certain spots or for injuries.

And even on a bottom pairing I dont think he can carry the pairing.

If we can trade him I would be ecstatic.

I am convinced:

Schenn

Bear

Burroughs

Right side is better with Myers gone anyway.

Disagree. IMO, it's all about complementary skill sets. It's the MAJOR blind spot Benning had here and you can see it throughout the horribly ill fitting roster we have. And the evidence is watching players leave here and go on to success elsewhere, when put in positions to succeed. There's a hell of a lot more to building a good NHL team than simply acquiring good players. You actually need a plan, an identity, roles, appropriate line mates/partners etc.

Like I said elsewhere, I think he'd make a great 2nd pair with a guy like McNabb. Myers could bring the secondary offense, McNabb would play solid D and cover for the occasional chaos (giraffe) that leads to, and they'd likely be a physical force and major PITA to play against. But we don't have a McNabb and we're unlikely to get one with Hughes and OEL on the roster.

And FWIW, I don't disagree. He's not a fit with the rest of the D core at all and is preventing us from fixing our top 4. Ill fit =/= bad player though.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Myers for Muzzin and Liljegren.  Take the LTIR salary and get a potential RD prospect who could still surprise.  Either way you save the cap regardless

Let's not bring in a defenceman who can't play defence.  Liljegren has shown zero signs of having a chance of turning into an NHL quality player.  He's worse than useless and likely always will be.  Did we not learn from Pouliot, Larsen, Bartkowski?  Let Toronto keep this pylon.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Let's not bring in a defenceman who can't play defence.  Liljegren has shown zero signs of having a chance of turning into an NHL quality player.  He's worse than useless and likely always will be.  Did we not learn from Pouliot, Larsen, Bartkowski?  Let Toronto keep this pylon.

He is only of the only + players on the team so there is the potential for him to not be a complete defensive liability.  While I agree that he shouldn't be our primary target while giving up key assets, if we move Myers to free cap, why not get a bit of a lotto ticket included.  Worth a shot as long as we're not giving up anything of key value.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

He is only of the only + players on the team so there is the potential for him to not be a complete defensive liability.  While I agree that he shouldn't be our primary target while giving up key assets, if we move Myers to free cap, why not get a bit of a lotto ticket included.  Worth a shot as long as we're not giving up anything of key value.

Rather have a pick.

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

He is only of the only + players on the team so there is the potential for him to not be a complete defensive liability.  While I agree that he shouldn't be our primary target while giving up key assets, but if we move Myers to free cap, why not get a bit of a lotto ticket included.  Worth a shot as long as we're not giving up anything of key value.

I'd rather keep Myers than put this AHL trash in the lineup.  Better to take a late pick and bring up someone from Abbotsford.  The way Liljegren plays in his own zone is simply not acceptable and he should not be welcome on this team for any reason.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

then we probably don't even need to talk about moving horvat XD

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Horvat is done with this clown show and wants to play somewhere he can compete. Regardless of what we do with Myers, Miller et al.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather keep Myers than put this AHL trash in the lineup.  Better to take a late pick and bring up someone from Abbotsford.  The way Liljegren plays in his own zone is simply not acceptable and he should not be welcome on this team for any reason.

Hey now, if AHL trash helps us bottom out this season and draft 1-5 that's a win.