The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s the teams fault!

Apparently the D need to help him move across his crease and hold his leg up against the post for him.

Thank you I get we can't rely on vezina level goaltending from a back up and that our defense has some issues, but all I am asking is for nhl average goaltending and these past 3 starts of his arsenal a different story

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes purposely sabotaging the team

Maybe not purposely sabotaging but he’s definitely checked out from this team.

Rumours of him whining about games earlier and this kind of play to follow it up. Pretty obvious he can’t play another game for us.

Not fair to the players who have worked their butts off to get back into it to have a guy just here to collect his bonuses.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Just average goaltending is all I’m asking for.

He doesn’t need to be Demko. He does need to make at least a couple difficult stops though.

This. People blame the defence ya. Our defence is Average but it’s not atrocious! You don’t have the best GAA in the last couple months only because of a goalie! Demko is one of the best and the main reason but we wouldn’t be here without at least average defence. 

If Halak is average we had a chance to win this game 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Just now, Podzy said:

Buy one bottle of Whiskey instead.  Should last a little longer

Yeah, but the whiskey would probably be one shot for me and I would be so drunk by the second shot.  At least with the champagne I can still drink the whole bottle and function. 

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Four straight L’s if we squeak in and face either the Av’s, Knights, Blues or Wild. We might win one against the Flames or Oilers. It may be best if JR unloads salary and try again to be mediocre next year. 

Knights?!

Outside of this current game, we're a way better team than the Knights recently.

If we'd started Demko tonight we'd be within striking distance of taking their playoff spot.

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

can we put EP and Miller on a line together and see how they fare in the 3rd period seeing they are both on fire lately? i mean motte and chiasson are good energy checker guy.. but they are not the ideal wingers for EP

Shouldve never broke up hogz petey podz

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksCountry said:

Implying it's not his fault, at best the team is playing bad because they just can't trust him in net team can't play good if you have zero confidence in your tender

No, you put words in my mouth. Explaining what actually occurred and not running for the torch and pitchforks =/= excusing or approving of Halak’s play. 

There was blame all around it’s not ENTIRELY Halak’s fault. The first and 4th goals he should have had. The team also should not be this poor defensively. There is plenty of blame to go around this game. Not sure why some of you can only place it on one guy when it is very evident that this was a collective piss poor effort. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

Yeah, too bad I don't have champagne.  I should really buy more than one bottle.  I'm a pro at drinking the bottle of champagne in one evening.  That's what I do on Friday's.  

I like essays.  It gives me an opportunity to organize my thoughts and then organize it all together.  It's the citing I don't care of and citing is really important. 

I'm a terrible reader too so the combo of writing and reading is killer.

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Don't look up is a movie about an asteroid heading to earth to wipe out everyone and a segment of society decides to start posting don't look up claiming that it is a false narrative.

You posting Halak isn't to blame tonight and showing a cartoon claiming that everyone on here is a puppy dog who is not blaming the team is a great parallel to the movie.

No need for profanity partner.

Lol.

I admitted he was at fault for a goal earlier, we needed him to be better

My issue isn't with people blaming Halak, it's with people blaming Halak for goals that weren't his fault, or blaming Halak while giving the rest of the team a pass

If folks want to blame Halak tonight that's fine, but if they're going to point fingers they need to point fingers at them all 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

How come this team shows more confidence with Spencer Martin than Halak?? I don't wanna blame Halak entirely but every shot at him looked a lot more threatening...  Maybe it's his positioning or reflex... 

He’s a small goalie that plays small.

He’s clearly not a fit for Clark’s system of having goalies play deep in their crease. 

He also has zero glove hand that I’m aware of.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I thought Martin has to pass through waivers if the Canucks call him up when it isn’t for an emergency roster fill in . 

That's a Chell thing that doesn't happen in the real NHL. No idea why EA added that.

• Cheers 1

Just now, combover said:

Weak effort from the time the puck dropped. Shouldn’t need the goaltender to steal every single Win. 
team is filled with holes and Flaws that continually get covered up by vezina MVP goaltending. 

This