The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, combover said:

Weak effort from the time the puck dropped. Shouldn’t need the goaltender to steal every single Win. 
team is filled with holes and Flaws that continually get covered up by vezina MVP goaltending. 

Didn’t need a goalie to steal us one.

He could have let in three and we’d still have a chance.

Any goalie that goes into a game thinking if I keep it to three or less we probably win has it pretty easy.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, you put words in my mouth. Explaining what actually occurred and not running for the torch and pitchforks =/= excusing or approving of Halak’s play. 

There was blame all around it’s not ENTIRELY Halak’s fault. The first and 4th goals he should have had. The team also should not be this poor defensively. There is plenty of blame to go around this game. Not sure why some of you can only place it on one guy when it is very evident that this was a collective piss poor effort. 

Sure the defense isn't the best in the leauge but turn overs happen not every single turn over can go in the back of your net I get he isn't going to get a shutout but if he can keep this to a 2-3 goal game it give the canucks some confidence that they still can come back, it's not fully Halaks fault but he has alot of blame on his shoulder 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I admitted he was at fault for a goal earlier, we needed him to be better

My issue isn't with people blaming Halak, it's with people blaming Halak for goals that weren't his fault, or blaming Halak while giving the rest of the team a pass

If folks want to blame Halak tonight that's fine, but if they're going to point fingers they need to point fingers at them all 

Well, you are right on the second count Coconut. The team did not show up either...............but at worse, this is a 3-2 game..............not that we deserve to be in it.

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I thought Martin has to pass through waivers if the Canucks call him up when it isn’t for an emergency roster fill in . 

Re-entry waivers is no longer in place. Unless you sign a player who played overseas this season. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

My issue isn't with people blaming Halak, it's with people blaming Halak for goals that weren't his fault, or blaming Halak while giving the rest of the team a pass

If folks want to blame Halak tonight that's fine, but if they're going to point fingers they need to point fingers at them all 

Sure, it’s the other guy’s faults the goalie is a piece of craperolla.  :lol:

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Didn’t need a goalie to steal us one.

He could have let in three and we’d still have a chance.

Any goalie that goes into a game thinking if I keep it to three or less we probably win has it pretty easy.

They had more than 4 odd man rushes in the first period. 
how many did we have.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It outlines how much Demko saves our bacon honestly and why the advanced goalie metrics have him rated even higher than Markstrom as they count expected goals and high danger chances.

Even when Demko has a night when he is just human rather than a Vezina candidate, he it team looks a lot worse.

We don’t have to apologize for having a great goalie, but Halak is a decent goalie trying to play in a tough environment

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

I'm a terrible reader too so the combo of writing and reading is killer.

I was going to do a speech on hockey and then thought, well everyone in the class knows that I like the Canadiens and the Canucks, so that would not be benefitial, and then I thought about doing a speech on the Maple Leafs, but I would probably mess up by laughing through out the speech while wearing something Maple Leafs and then really laughing after saying something like - "Kings of the North" and accidently say "Laffs" instead of Leafs, and then be like - oh yeah, their rivals are the Montreal Canadiens, and then get all excited when I said "Montreal Canadiens."  Yeah, that would have been a disaster. 

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Sure the defense isn't the best in the leauge but turn overs happen not every single turn over can go in the back of your net I get he isn't going to get a shutout but if he can keep this to a 2-3 goal game it give the canucks some confidence that they still can come back, it's not fully Halaks fault but he has alot of blame on his shoulder 

His last two starts no, but he has not been solid this season either. He’s getting far too much blame on here though. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Sure, it’s the other guy’s faults the goalie is a piece of craperolla.  :lol:

It's literally the team's job to help out their goaltender and they haven't done a good enough job of that tonight

Halak isn't the only one who's struggled 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

All I can say is I hope by some miracle Halak plays well in the 2 more game he’ll get this season. Oh man I’m usually not like this. It’s been a frustrating one. 

Get a quick goal here and you never know 

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Thank you I get we can't rely on vezina level goaltending from a back up and that our defense has some issues, but all I am asking is for nhl average goaltending and these past 3 starts of his arsenal a different story

Halak haven't played great the last 3 games.. not even average he was pretty bad. Not that he needs to save them all.. but half of them would be nice.. but at the same time he was fine before those last 3 games.. there's no defending he have played poorly of late.. but the amount of bashing and trashing on here is incredible.. remember when demko had that 3 games where he was bad and got lit up like a xmas tree back to back followed by a sub .900 game which was an improvement.. did we light his ass on fire and pitch fork him out of town? his stats prior to those games were average at best too..

Halak deserves criticism for his poor performance but the amount of bashing players get from their own fans are incredible.. each year we need to find someone new to bash and flame.. some are not even criticism some are just personal attack/insult.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

They had more than 4 odd man rushes in the first period. 
how many did we have.

How many high danger chances?

Not that many.

We definitely should have been down. Definitely not 3-0 though. 2-0 at worst with average goaltending.

• Vintage 1