The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks and Laffs (Liljegren)

3 hours ago, Darius said:

Dont the leafs need to improve their D and goaltending? why would they want a forward when they already have a bunch that can score

Agreed, don't see how this matches team needs. Maybe we include Ferland in a pkg, so they can play these LTIR-w*nker games with cap hit?!

It's morning here in Asia, & this is the first thing I clicked on to..why this guy?

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

yeah bit its for a few months and potentially career saving, he will have to move again anyway this off season lol

Easier to do that with kids then when you have the off-season. Potentially 3 different homes in 1/4 of a year. 

32 minutes ago, RWJC said:

One question I have is why this team has  shown a dysfunction with veteran back up G. Holtby seemed unhappy here, now Halak, and the team seemed to represent quite poorly in front of these guys.

Hope we give Martin the role next year and make it his to keep or lose. Enough with the expensive vet backup option, we have Ian Clark who can mentor better than anyone in the game.

Regardless, I highly doubt PA/JR would go that previous route anyway. 

Agreed, but we're closing the barn door AFTER the horses, JB & TG have galloped off like leapin' looons! :^(

• Haha 2

We can fill a roster spot left by Motte, Garland or Schenn in the summer, but with the chemistry and our success of late, I don’t see this trade helping us into the playoffs this year. And I really think we can pull it off and make a good effort with these guys that we have here. Long term I’d do it but as we are in the race and quite frankly have a legitimate shot at being 3rd in the Pacific, I’d hold on to our current group. 
Chiasson, Dickinson, Poolman, Dipietro, Halak if he agrees to move, are guys I’d part ways with. Knowing the return won’t add up to that much - that is who I’d be willing to let go right now.

Go Canucks Go & Bruce there it is :towel:

Edited by Spoosh
Typo

41 minutes ago, RWJC said:

One question I have is why this team has  shown a dysfunction with veteran back up G. Holtby seemed unhappy here, now Halak, and the team seemed to represent quite poorly in front of these guys.

Hope we give Martin the role next year and make it his to keep or lose. Enough with the expensive vet backup option, we have Ian Clark who can mentor better than anyone in the game.

I wonder what the promises were made to them when they signed?  That they would get a decent amount of starts beside a really young unproven starter in Demko?

Maybe they didn’t realize that they had to be superhuman to make up for a below average defence and didn’t realize how many warts Demko has been hiding.

The life of a backup.

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Kind of shows just how difficult it is to aquire stellar goaltending when acquiring a backup proves difficult. How blessed we've been for so long to have top end goaltending. At the moment we have Demko, quite possibly the best Canucks goaltender ever. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, rekker said:

Kind of shows just how difficult it is to aquire stellar goaltending when acquiring a backup proves difficult. How blessed we've been for so long to have top end goaltending. At the moment we have Demko, quite possibly the best Canucks goaltender ever. 

Luuuuuuu says hi

image.gif.e96f472258ff03c24999bec59a40d083.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Nope but I’d do Halak for Liljegren.

No way we should be trading Schenn. He’s the only really physical player we have and has been great for us. With our cap situation we need his cheap contract for the top 4.

Why do we wanna make the team softer too?

Well, a 22 year against a 32 year oldie.

Very easy decision for me. 
Pointwise he’s already heads above Schenn. 

I've always liked him, a young right Swedish sound defenceman who can move the puck. Future Myers replacement. He's only really played bottom pairing minutes though but looked good so far.

Would probably cost us a lot though, like Garland straight up. If we could do Motte + Poolman/2nd for him I'd consider it though...

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Brutal. Looks like we are stuck with him.

Maybe play with one less forward and bring up Spencer? Halak can be the towel boy 

If we found a team that was willing to trade for him at minimal cost to us and he said no, I would tell him he'll be in the press box watching the rest of the season 

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I've always liked him, a young right Swedish sound defenceman who can move the puck. Future Myers replacement. He's only really played bottom pairing minutes though but looked good so far.

Would probably cost us a lot though, like Garland straight up. If we could do Motte + Poolman/2nd for him I'd consider it though...

Garland is five mill in cap.

If Liljegren replaces Myers it’s almost ten mill gone immediately if we trade Myers for prospects. 

6 minutes ago, CR7 said:

If we found a team that was willing to trade for him at minimal cost to us and he said no, I would tell him he'll be in the press box watching the rest of the season 

You wouldn't last very long as GM then. If you pull $&!# like that, players aren't going to be in a hurry to sign here. Holding up your end of a contract is pretty important, and that would be a terrible optic. Moving forward, the value of giving a NMC/NTC would be null.