The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

lol it is like there is some unwritten rule that no one should  try not to trade  with Van lol, JB said man y times how he was surprised how hard it was to trade here for some reason, Gillis also said he got that impression 

Our cinderella run is over, we need to make a decision on Motte now and add in a sweetener like Lukas Jasek or something to move Halak, I 

2 hours ago, T-Bo said:

Let these guys spend the next 5 months staring at their suitcase by their front door, no one is safe.  They may have financial security, but there is nothing worse then you and your family not knowing if you entire life is going to be upended any moment.  It would have been easier to just come out a play a hard game.

Gawd, we are a capped out Team.

LOL that's cold bro

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

Seriously, it's disturbing how fast people jump off this train.  They've been one of the best teams in the league for 4 months.......they're going to have some stinkers in there and Calgary is a legit contender.  

I'd say most people projected this game as an L,  cut them a little slack.

I don't think ppl are jumping off the ship. They are disappointed in some of the players after a brutal homestand during the most pivotal point of the season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Muttley said:

Give your head a shake.  Demko makes substantially more saves then his counterpart on many occasions.  

We are out hit often dependent on the opponent.

Wow I was so out to lunch there. Outshot by almost double and outhit badly, I should think that’s a close game! 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To be fair, maybe no one wants our players unless they get them for free? 

I understand that teams may be under valuing our players like Miller and garland but there's no excuse not to be able to offload guys like Motte schenn(or hamonic) Pearson Dickenson boeser. Those passenger guys that don't move the needle to help us win and we'll lose for nothing soon anyway. 

I have a feeling this TDL is going to be a huge letdown. There's been no moves made in the last 4 months I doubt anything major gets done in the next 15 hours. Especially considering Rutherford is at home with the vid. 

Prove me wrong JR prove me wrong.

• Vintage 2

I think our team was tired; they've spent a lot of energy lately, and the tank was pretty well empty.

Highmore got hurt at the end which may not have happened if he had been able to hop off the ice on the change.

I don't know (anything, lol), but they may not get enough rest to be much better tonight.

It will be interesting to see who and what picks them up off the floor and gets them going again.

The team played much better in the second and third and out-scored them 2-1 (but the Flames were no longer trying to score, just to close it out).

Couple weird takes:

Did Calgary 'save' Markstrom from getting shellacked again?

Does coach Sutter remind anyone else of those Muppets who sat up in theatre mumbling?

Halak played pretty well and Demko may still need a break; does the "Who Me?" goalie go right back in?

• Vintage 1

If

If the team trades Demko- will the players continue to suck in  first periods; or will they actually show up on time?

I think they would continue to suck, as it doesn't seem to matter who is in net, they still suck in the first.

The only difference is Demko is a Vezina calibre goalie that  often manages to singlehandedly hold them in games that we would otherwise lose.

tldr?- Without Demko we would be down with the Habs in terms of league standings.

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

I think our team was tired; they've spent a lot of energy lately, and the tank was pretty well empty.

Highmore got hurt at the end which may not have happened if he had been able to hop off the ice on the change.

I don't know (anything, lol), but they may not get enough rest to be much better tonight.

It will be interesting to see who and what picks them up off the floor and gets them going again.

The team played much better in the second and third and out-scored them 2-1 (but the Flames were no longer trying to score, just to close it out).

Couple weird takes:

Did Calgary 'save' Markstrom from getting shellacked again?

Does coach Sutter remind anyone else of those Muppets who sat up in theatre mumbling?

Halak played pretty well and Demko may still need a break; does the "Who Me?" goalie go right back in?

I'd add:

Do we have to listen to that annoying Edmonton homer and man hands again, or do we get John and John?

• Haha 1

Just now, JM_ said:

I'd add:

Do we have to listen to that annoying Edmonton homer and man hands again, or do we get John and John?

My mute button was more over-worked than the Nux.

She is so awful; another Ron MacLean crap hire along with Smarmy Simpson, Hrudy, PJ Stork, etc.

Come on Frankie; you and JR have to deal with us getting other teams' homers announcing our home games, it is B.S.

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

My mute button was more over-worked than the Nux.

She is so awful; another Ron MacLean crap hire along with Smarmy Simpson, Hrudy, PJ Stork, etc.

Come on Frankie; you and JR have to deal with us getting other teams' homers announcing our home games, it is B.S.

didn't listen to ANY of the game.... used headphones and listened to playlist from youtube while watching the debacle

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1