The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

3 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Anybody heard yet which one of our 3rd rounders it is?  Not sure if it would be better to give up Winnipeg's or our own at this point!

Just answered my own question::D!  The Leafs are announcing that they got Winnipeg's 3rd rounder from us.  Guess Allvin figures that the Jets will finish ahead of us in the standings!

Just now, Devron said:

I would suspect they aren’t done there Mustard 

Agree, It's just a waste of 750k imo. A 6th D should be a near league min vet who's taking less for a cup run. The more money you can save, The more you have to spend on high end guys to push us over the top. I just don't see this guy, a LHD as a worth while #6 let alone playing any higher.. AND giving up a 3rd in today's market. Let's hope for the best though

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Asking a serious question... Can anyone on CDC reference a trade in the last 10 years that had overwhelming support on this forum? Seems like everyone here hates everyone who plays in the NHL and isn't in a Nucks uniform. 

well, people were really pumped for nate schmidt lol

• Haha 1

The d here is pretty bad, I think they need to take some low risk  shots at a guy like Dermott finding his game here. A competent proven d man that fits the age profile they are going after costs allot.  Hamonic was slow and provided no offence. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Agree, It's just a waste of 750k imo. A 6th D should be a near league min vet who's taking less for a cup run. The more money you can save, The more you have to spend on high end guys to push us over the top. I just don't see this guy, a LHD as a worth while #6 let alone playing any higher.. AND giving up a 3rd in today's market. Let's hope for the best though

Well we saved 1.5 million. As long as he’s better than Hunt cause that’s what your getting if your paying your defencemen league minimum 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1