The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hamonic did well for us but this is a great trade, Dermott has some potential and you never know, he may gel with Hughes really well and become a top 4 defenceman.

Most importantly, we save 1.5M which we could use to keep Motte. Smart lateral moves.

He's a left shot so will most likely not be paired with him.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One Travis out one Travis in! That’s great Travis management by Allvin!

Not really a fan of the player but Hamonic for Dermott essentially is good value.

Hes a Canuck now so here’s hoping he can thrive with a new coach and new opportunity.

Im just happy with any sort of D core shakeup really, it’s obvious that’s our weakness.

Yup. The defense last night was just not good enough in plain sight. I like your core shakeup statement, that's what it is. What does this guy exactly bring. 

I do understand its an upgrade.

Edited by aqua59
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When Dermott was with the Leafs he was a piece of Monkey crap.  He's ours now, so we can cheer for him to do well.  I see a 205 pound, 6' tall hockey body.  Hamonic was overpaid and craperolla.  So glad that guy is gone.  

Even the same for cheaper makes sense. lol

Just now, The.Burrowers said:

Don't understand the point of this trade at all.  We should be recouping picks not trading them away willy nilly.

It’s not willy nilly if they value the player and think they can get more out of him.

If his underlying numbers are solid maybe he just needed a change of scenery.

We’ll see if the strategy this deadline is to just dump cap while adding some young guys who are NHL ready.

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I like the trade. We basically saved 1.5M off the Cap and replaced the position with a similar level skill player.

Getting rid of Hammer seems like a good move to save $3M but now we get something in return for $1.5M plus a high 3rd pick...I would not have executed this trade and wait and see what else is out there as I don't really see him making our D any better so why do the trade!! Making cap space is important for us right now. 

Edited by RolexSub

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

5 pts on a team with Marner Matthews Nylander Bunting Tavares etc…

Lol, he’s a stopgap for the rest of this season and he’s gone. 

Except he’s not because he’s signed for one more season and then is an RFA.

Clearly they like the player and his cap hit.

• Cheers 2