The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

So, a Rangers 4th in 2023 will be basically a 5th.  They just gave Motte away IMO.  If it was about cap, then why not trade Pearson or Myers instead?

This isn't a video game. There has to be trades available to make them.

There will be more moves in the offseason.

3rd or 4th round pick or equivalent for a 4th line energy guy.

I was hoping that he'd be part of a little larger trade.

If he wanted too much, I'd rather have the draft pick than let him walk for nothing. Overall, there's no stress or urgency on us to complete anything else before summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We over value our players here. He's a 4th line injury prone rental winger that was asking for 2.5m.

In a cap free world he probably would still be a Canuck but paying a 4th line winger 2.5+ mil / yr was not in the cards. The play of Lammikko likely made Motte expendable.

Richardson is just a stop gap to fill for the balance of the season when more moves to the roster are very likely.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, a Rangers 4th in 2023 will be basically a 5th.  They just gave Motte away IMO.  If it was about cap, then why not trade Pearson or Myers instead?

as i was saying, we did nothing to improve our cap, and or get picks, younger players.....we still have this huge cap issue and our crappy first period starts will continue...stuck with some big contracts that no teams will want in the offseason

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

How could you have watched Tyler Motte over the last few seasons and come to conclusion that he's overrated?

I'm extremely disappointed in the return, as he's going to help NYR immensely. Those kind of guys have got some pretty nice returns at past deadlines, and even in the last few days.

We gave him away. Obviously contract talks did not go well.

He didn't watch. 

He only reads the boxscores after games. 

2 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Brutal return.  Bring Benning back.

At least J.B. loved the players that he drafted and acquired. He would have never dumped his beloved Motte for a freaking 4th round pick like he is worthless.  

Edited by Maddogy
  • Upvote 1