The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

If he was going to cost over 2M per annum, which is what he would, it's way better to have moved him than to keep him around.

Hope that helps.

It does help it proves that you talk out of your ass at best. 

Hope this helps. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Wow! So underwhelming. Brutal actually. Just when we've had the best 4th line in years too. 

They've been our 3rd line, and that's the issue. We need cap space and picks. Today was underwhelming, but we did get a little more space and a pick in a good draft year. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Hahahahahaha.

This thread will be fun

Traded a guy people loved for less than their perceived value of him without considering he might have been to expensive to retain anyways.

Let's watch.

giphy.gif

yeah its a bit much. 

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Yup terrible value because can't lose him possibly for nothing crap. I hate moves like these but wars were started because JB didn't bother with this so yay we got worse while in a playoff chase (doubtful I know) but got that coveted 4th.

Could just be me, but I would have held on to him until moves are made at the draft and then resigned him to a deal both sides would like. A 4th really does nothing but give us an extra lottery ticket in the draft, we may him, but chances are we do not. Also with how this team develops lower draft picks :mellow:

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

RE TOOL 2.0 - WHOA.  ric flair GIF

Man I hate that I love this team. I wish I could be disloyal and say &^@# them, but I cant. Guess i'll suffer the rest of my existence rooting for a franchise that refuses to properly rebuild

Motte’s beat seasons are behind him. He thinks he’s an offensive guy now, and his hard hitting and tenacity are in decline. That’s also partly because of some significant injuries in recent years that don’t allow him to hit as hard. He’s small, and not a guy we need to pay millions for. A good spirit to him, but I’m okay with letting him go, and at least getting something for him. Sometimes, just sometimes, you can find some good players in the fourth round.

Edited by Slegr
  • Haha 1