The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C+ for me. Was hoping we could recoup a 2nd round pick but I liked the Dermott pick up. But I went into this year okay with no moves as well. so meh. 

At least the moves are trending in the right direction, and there's no need for mgmt to make a judgement on the core just yet. I'm just happy to see that it's us gaining capspace and a younger player through a transaction rather than the other way around, and we haven't let Motter walk for nothing. 

Wait in the offseason to gauge because we still need to answer the question, can we keep Boeser or JT Miller long term? then pivot from there.

Trades can still happen at the draft. Though no ideal ofc

I'd say an average 5/10. It would have been higher if it wasn't for that Dermott trade.

I would have been satisfied if Canucks had a 3rd and 4th and just stayed there. 

Probably would have given a 10/10 if Dickinson got traded :lol:

Edited by iinatcc

Offseason/draft is when we really begin to make changes. If anyone was hoping for significant changes to be made, perhaps remember that due diligence and some further patience is required in knowing:

a) where contracts will sit with Boeser, and discussions with Bo + JTM

b) what players will be made available come off-season as sell offs

c) where we finish this season 

Hammer was a good move. Got younger and cheaper.

Motte (love him) but getting value for him is a well calculated risk 

Give them more time.

they aren’t lame duck management but in many ways are still hamstrung by some previous regime moves

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So where are all the folk that kept saying it was a sellers market? Lol

Some pretty strong returns early on, Canucks waited too long in my view (that is, if they were even serious about moving a Boeser/Garland/etc). At the end of the day, the summer/draft was always going to be the moment of truth given the status/structure of player contracts.

5 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Did any top 4 young rhd get traded today or in the last couple of days? If not I will give management a slight pass.  That was one of our biggest needs, but if none got moved, hard to buy what is not for sale.

Depends what you think of J. Barron I guess. I think he would have been a great pick up so good job by Mtl.

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno

I always liked the quote that the best tool for a GM is to recognize bad GMs and keep calling them.  I think JB’s phone would ring off the hook.

The Hamonic deal is as good a deal as could expect to see in the situation. I think Allvin found a bad GM and took them for cap space and a pick.

Haven’t seen enough of Dermott to really judge but Bieksa was sure positive about it so I am hopeful though think would have preferred third rounder and 1.5M in cap space. 
Motte for 4th is fighting unrealistic expectations on this board. Was the going rate for depth forwards today. 
I like Richardson but at this point he is just a warm body for the rest of year. 

I think people are disappointed because they expected trader Jim to go wild. I admit I would have liked to see some bigger changes but not to surprisingly teams aren’t giving solid RD prospects away for wingers on big deals at Trade deadline. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Itchyfinger said:
20 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Well, if they call up DiGuesppe or Lockwood(?) to bring that speed and desire, maybe but Motte was one of the few who decided to show up to the games.

Have to play Richardson due to claiming him.....

So, Assistant GM P. Allvin is speaking in about 30 minutes. I have not been impressed with his communication skills thus far - can’t honestly say he’s any better than ol’ Jimbo was - but I hope to see some improvement in this area. Some sort of cohesive explanation at their TEPID approach to this trade deadline.

So far anyway, the hype around this management team has far outweighed the reality. But yeah, patience right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

I always liked the quote that the best tool for a GM is to recognize bad GMs and keep calling them.  I think JB’s phone would ring off the hook.

The Hamonic deal is as good a deal as could expect to see in the situation. I think Allvin found a bad GM and took them for cap space and a pick.

Haven’t seen enough of Dermott to really judge but Bieksa was sure positive about it so I am hopeful though think would have preferred third rounder and 1.5M in cap space. 
Motte for 4th is fighting unrealistic expectations on this board. Was the going rate for depth forwards today. 
I like Richardson but at this point he is just a warm body for the rest of year. 

I think people are disappointed because they expected trader Jim to go wild. I admit I would have liked to see some bigger changes but not to surprisingly teams aren’t giving solid RD prospects away for wingers on big deals at Trade deadline. 

Liked the 27 year old Richardson, but with younger options in Abbotsford, this move is useless, makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Depends what you think of J. Barron I guess. I think he would have been a great pick up so good job by Mtl.

Was on the fence with him. Not sure he was worth being the center piece of a trade.

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

On a Cap strapped team just what were you expecting???

Trades or something that made sense.

We gained 3 mil and lost 2 good players effectively giving up on the season while getting a 4th, a washed up 4th liner and Dermot who could not get into the Leafs D. 

We got worse with nothing to show for it.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1