The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, he'll drop the mitts when need be and can hold his own simply because of his size.  Pretty much a Tom Wilson lite.

Sounds like the ideal winger for Petey.  And Pods is near to 200 pounds and still maturing (is he 20?) so he will get heavier and stronger too.  With Crouse that would be two big bodied and skilled wingers who play heavy games and are not fun to play against.  Love Hogs and Garland, but they are small guys.  If we can get bigger and not lose out on skill, compete, and bite then it makes us better for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Pretty sure you guys are delusional garland is not going back to arizona  id love to see greenway in a canuck jersey tho 

Garland is traded to (whomever) for a first.  That first (with Hogs) goes to Arizona for Crouse.  Kind of like the way we got Dermott.  Of course with firsts moving instead of 3rds.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Pretty sure you guys are delusional garland is not going back to arizona  id love to see greenway in a canuck jersey tho 

agree about Garly

Greenway just signed 3 mill/year deal this year, I agree with grouse

a crous + Chych trade solves a lot of our issues.

Dickenson+ Hogz+McDonut + 2022 1st + Dermott or Rathbone+ Dipietro lol 

thats a young roster player (Hogz), a top prospect- McDonut, another top prospect - rathbone killing it in the NHL and a low cap dump - dickie and another potential nhler-dipietro

for Crouse and Chychy

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I get a kick out of these skinny kids....tacking on lbs is so easy haha

I think most guys get heavier with age.  But I don't know if a heavier Petey makes him a better player.  Petey's greatness comes from thinking the game faster than others do.

Just now, Alflives said:

Garland is traded to (whomever) for a first.  That first (with Hogs) goes to Arizona for Crouse.  Kind of like the way we got Dermott.  Of course with firsts moving instead of 3rds.

Is Gnarly going to get us a 1st?

I'm not so sure.

Nobody will like this, but: Reeves is a UFA at the end of this year; if he can play up to snuff, he has earned his rep in this league; I think he came in at about 1.75 this year.

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

agree about Garly

Greenway just signed 3 mill/year deal this year, I agree with grouse

a crous + Chych trade solves a lot of our issues.

Dickenson+ Hogz+McDonut + 2022 1st + Dermott or Rathbone+ Dipietro lol 

thats a young roster player (Hogz), a top prospect- McDonut, another top prospect - rathbone killing it in the NHL and a low cap dump - dickie and another potential nhler-dipietro

for Crouse and Chychy

Crouse yes.  Chychscrub no.  Guy is always injured and not a smart player.  

14 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Pettersson could do with 15 more pounds.  Make him even stronger.  When you see him in interviews, he's a wee bit thin.

It has been great for him having Boudreau come along and utilize him in ways he hadn't got to even try previously.

Yep, he absolutely could benefit from gain of 10-15 pounds. He is already not doing too bad at protecting the puck using his body now compared to before. But Petey at around 190-195 pounds would be hard guy to contend with.

Boudreau putting him on the PK was a brilliant idea.

• Like 1

How big is this Dallas game coming up Saturday? If we lose that one, it’s game over for sure. Canucks should pull one out of the goon team’s playbook and run the Stars’ goalies. If their goalies get injured, Dallas could find themselves falling out of a wildcard spot.

9 minutes ago, Slegr said:

How big is this Dallas game coming up Saturday? If we lose that one, it’s game over for sure. Canucks should pull one out of the goon team’s playbook and run the Stars’ goalies. If their goalies get injured, Dallas could find themselves falling out of a wildcard spot.

Lockwood finally gets called up; speeds down the wing; cuts to the net; crashes the goalie into next season; and gets suspended.

- that's the kind of 'luck' Woody's had so far going way back to his shoulder injuries etc.

Edited by Goal:thecup

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think most guys get heavier with age.  But I don't know if a heavier Petey makes him a better player.  Petey's greatness comes from thinking the game faster than others do.

That's what it is.

Don't want to put on fat and need to bulk up muscle strategically to adjust ones skills to the larger body

For the way EP plays, at 6'3 ,about 200lbs would be nice but I agree with you. He needs to keep his quickness, mind and body.

Slim doesn't mean less durable. I could list dozens of MMA fighters to prove that. 

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Don't want to put on fat and need to bulk up muscle strategically to adjust ones skills to the larger body

For the way EP plays, at 6'3 ,about 200lbs would be nice but I agree with you. He needs to keep his quickness, mind and body.

Slim doesn't mean less durable. I could list dozens of MMA fighters to prove that. 

Yea, he should go on the KW Diet.  Just look at how fast Kyle Wellwood (A.K.A. "Doughnut Boy") was when he was with us.   Faster than a speeding local motive.

image.jpeg.fb0c9e906a5b71fcec66d53d4b954390.jpeg

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I won't get into Brock, but I'm not convinced Garland is better than Crouse.  You do realize Crouse is on pace for 26 goals this year right?  He's a pain in the ass to play against too... all 6'4" 220lbs of him.

Garland does not play PP if he did he would be out scoring Crouse by a wide margin. 

If we compare their evS points 

Crouse 16g 10a 26 pts 860mins

Garland 13g 19a 32 pts 874mins

Conner draws a hell of a lot of penalties he gets under guys skin. Crouse is a fine target to upgrade Pearson's spot we need to start dismantling the country club guys and keeping the guys who go hard in the paint if we ever want to win anything. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thank god we have Schenn for another year.

Maybe need to start talking extension in the summer.

Yes i'd extend Schenn.  Our toughness is pretty bad.  Thankfully he likes it in Vancouver. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Garland does not play PP if he did he would be out scoring Crouse by a wide margin. 

Conner draws a hell of a lot of penalties he gets under guys skin. Crouse is a fine target to upgrade Pearson's spot we need to start dismantling the country club guys and keeping the guys who go hard in the paint if we ever want to win anything. 

Garland makes Brock sign a reasonable deal or get traded.   I'm sure he'd pick up a lot more points...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I'd be more curious how each performs in the playoffs.  That's where it matters most, and I think Crouse would be much more dominant there.

12 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

tbh I trade Petey, we wouldn't really be selling that low and I bet there is a good market- get a young gritty tough two centre and a top young right shot d man. cap flexibility to pick up another bottom 6 tough forward 

To LA

Pettersson

Aidan Mcdonut

To VAN

Brandt Clarke

Turcotte

Brock Faber

Sign Andrew Copp 5yrs 4.25 million

Letang 6.25x3

Myers to WSH for 2nd 2023 1 mil retained 

Myers + Petey = 12.35 million out 

Copp + Letang = 10.5

1.85 left

Podz Miller Garland

Hogz Bo Boeser

Pearson Turcotte Copp

Highmore Lammi Deslauriers

OEL- Letang

Hughes - Schenn

Burroughs- Dermitt

-Faber/Clarke will be nasty in 2 yrs

I'd trade Boeser, Petterson, and Myers. Myers has good reach, but he's not a smooth skater and often seems to be too slow and overcomplicates plays and loses the puck in our zone.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is 6'3.  And what does he weight, 180 maybe?  He's definitely a skinny guy.  But he's got elite skills, high compete, and is super smart.  It's no coincidence our PK is way better with him.  He's an ppg guy who plays an elite 200 foot game.  He's a steal at his current cap.  

He's listed as 6'2 and 175. I wouldn't say he's skinny, but he needs more weight for playing hockey when other team's players are 25-50lbs heavier than him. Playing against a team like Minnesota showed that, but against them the Canucks have to play a different style rather than bang against the boards like they tried to do last night.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd be more curious how each performs in the playoffs.  That's where it matters most, and I think Crouse would be much more dominant there.

Well I guess we won't know the answer to that. Garland is fearless though if you're only considering his size I suspect he'll make a fool of you like he's done everyone who's under estimated him his whole career.  

I'd like Crouse too but I wouldn't do Garland 1 for 1 especially now with Garland on a great team friendly contract through his prime. 

• Like 1