Last year, 

Last regime,

but this season

was that the only one 

or 

has the second unit scored 2?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pearson, Garland and Höglander all have 1 power play goal...

GARLAND SCORED WHILE ON THE FIRST UNIT WAY BACK ON nOV 19, while Chiasson was still on the first unit

Pearson scored his before Bruce came on

Hoggles score a legit second unit goal on Jan 1,(was that his last goal? I think he scored one since then) assisted by OEL and Hunt

and BB was coach

• Thanks 1

Just now, lmm said:

GARLAND SCORED WHILE ON THE FIRST UNIT WAY BACK ON nOV 19, while Chiasson was still on the first unit

Pearson scored his before Bruce came on

Hoggles score a legit second unit goal on Jan 1,(was that his last goal? I think he scored one since then) assisted by OEL and Hunt

and BB was coach

oops quoted myself

so , we have 2 anyone else remember a second unit goal?

whats the over/under for second unit PP goals for a playoff team?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know!  The Habs sock old smelly socks, right?  

Suck phat picks. Adding big young D who shoot ........... right? Losers.

So much cooler to let your ufa's/rfa's walk free. Or better yet sign them to contracts all signs point to them never living up to. Thats what cool non sock sucking franchises do.  Re tool the re tool the re tool.

49 minutes ago, lmm said:

that may be true,

but can you even remember that last time the second unit scored a goal?

I think it was "Magic Crystals " Gaudette that scored the last Second unit PP goal

Our 2nd unit is no better now than when it had Boyd and Vesey last season

You have a point but when the 2nd unit gets out onto the ice with 45 seconds left and maybe 10 of those seconds is set on entering and setting up, you're up against the wall at that point. 

They surprisingly look threatening most of the time they are given enough time to enter though. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

That's not easy to do when he's a RFA.  I suppose another team could offer sheet him, but hopefully

by then the return would be very large.  Seemed like a rather uppity comment for a 22 yr old player

to make.  Hopefully he was misquoted.

You can only hope he was misquoted, because if he meant it, then he’s probably not sticking around. An offer sheet wouldn’t be out of the question, but I wonder who would do such a thing, and if it would be worth their while to do it. Canucks would easily match. It wouldn’t be a contending team, because, most contenders wouldn’t have the cap space to fit such a player in. I think he’ll stay and remain a Canuck, but this management group would have to pitch a very good vision and direction for the organization. Petey’s not stupid, and I think Benning’s debacle and mismanagement soured on him. I wouldn’t blame him. Benning sucked balls, and he was given far too long a leash to continue to build a crap team, that’s tight against the cap. 

If we were a contending team against the cap, I get it. But we ain’t. 

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Big Canuck fan?

Please sign with Vancouver in FA and save our sorry franchise.

Tbh - trade anything for the #1 pick in 2023

Legendary generational talent who wants to be here over anywhere else

Imagine how good he'd play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

you are missing the point Alf

you cannot change the past

I am asking about who scored the last second unit PP goal

care to answer?

Are we talking about the same second pp unit that gets 10 - 20 seconds of pp time because the first unit stays out so long?

Then you are correct.

They don’t score. 
I can’t figure out why? :unsure:

Edited by PistolPete13

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

No one will trade that pick.

Can only hope he gets drafted by Arizona. Nobody staying in Arizona.

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Yeah, Connor Bedard is likely a generational talent... but even if you have the #1 pick, you still will only have an around 25% chance of winning the lottery and drafting him.

The current system is a total crapshoot... unless you are a team with 3-4 top 5 picks... and even then you could get unlucky and a team with a 3% chance could win the lottery.

The only time it is really worthwhile to trade everything for the #1 pick is when there are 3-4 really highly skilled players in the draft... then you know even if you don't win the lottery, you'll get one of those top players.

Everyone points to the Leafs #1 pick and them getting Mathews... but the fact is, unless the lottery is fixed, (unlikely since Deadmonton keeps winning) they were just dumbass lucky to win the lottery.

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I guess you can always use the pandemic as an excuse, or a reason for unknown factors. But they wouldn’t be the only GM’s and AGM’s in the league that has had to face a global pandemic and cap crunch. Every team has had to face COVID, no team or GM was excused from that.

And just like everyone else on the planet who’s had to change their life to continue to work and make a living without offering excuses, I cannot, and do not see JR and PA offering excuses for why they cannot or did not get something done. I don’t know their track record off the top of my head, but I suspect already just based off of communications with the media, and how JR has carried himself before PA arrived on the scene, that they’re already miles ahead of how they conduct themselves in the public eye.

Has Weisbrod done any good anywhere he’s been? I’m genuinely curious, because all I hear are just bad things about him. 

My point, as to why I mentioned the pandemic (just like injuries) - is to point out that there an unknown events that, can only be mitigated to a certain degree, through planning, thus luck.  I do agree, that no one was immuned, to the effects of the covid economy and depending on the owner & front office, some of the teams did better than others.  So far, the patient approach of the new crew, is a breathe of fresh air; and I once again, have a reason to watch the draft - for now.

As for Weisbrod, his legacy should speak for itself.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

10 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yeah, Connor Bedard is likely a generational talent... but even if you have the #1 pick, you still will only have an around 25% chance of winning the lottery and drafting him.

The current system is a total crapshoot... unless you are a team with 3-4 top 5 picks... and even then you could get unlucky and a team with a 3% chance could win the lottery.

The only time it is really worthwhile to trade everything for the #1 pick is when there are 3-4 really highly skilled players in the draft... then you know even if you don't win the lottery, you'll get one of those top players.

Everyone points to the Leafs #1 pick and them getting Mathews... but the fact is, unless the lottery is fixed, (unlikely since Deadmonton keeps winning) they were just dumbass lucky to win the lottery.

Well, thry did give themselves the best odds while Nucks decided to win at the end.

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Are we talking about the same second pp unit that gets 10 - 20 seconds of pp time because the first unit stays out so long?

Then you are correct.

They don’t score. 
I can’t figure out why? :unsure:

yes, that is them

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Well, even with those odds, we ain’t winning the lottery. It’s just the Canuck Curse.