The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils open to trading 2022 1st-round pick

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

23 and 20 in the ahl are not equal.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

And holtz has been a star at every level

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/344808/alexander-holtz

Splitting hairs here mate.  Not an argument we'll have because I won't engage.  but the actual age difference was barely 2 years.  There's very few "sure things" in the world of hockey.

McJesus, Slafkovsky.  Makar.  Crosby.  Ya absolutely.

Hughes for a kid that hasn't put up more than 2 whole points in the NHL though.  A right winger.  When we NEED defense that can push the play and score is like needing 2 tires for your car and deciding to sell the engine for a new styereo instead.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Splitting hairs here mate.  Not an argument we'll have because I won't engage.  but the actual age difference was barely 2 years.  There's very few "sure things" in the world of hockey.

Hughes for a kid that hasn't put up more than 2 whole points in the NHL though.  A right winger.  When we NEED defense that can push the play and score is like needing 2 tires for your car and deciding to sell the engine for a new styereo instead.

Which is why you trade him for multiple top tier players

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And for the record, I don't want them to.trade Hughes, but if NJ comes in with a serious offer, I'd certainly be ok with a deal if the Canucks get multiple impact plsyers

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

Holtz was a ppg player in the AHL as a 20 year old, he's as close to a sure thing as you're going to get with a 20 year old.......he's been elite at every level.

I like QH, but everyone has a price.

Greatest seasons by 20yo players in AHL history...

https://www.quanthockey.com/ahl/en/player-age/20-year-old-ahl-players.html

Yeah I'm gonna hang onto Quinn Hughes.  Thanks for coming out.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

100% agree.  

To get the Jersey pick would cost Garland.  I think that’s fair value.  

If all it took to get that pick was Garland that trade would have been made already 

Edited by Coconuts

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

Greatest seasons by 20yo players in AHL history...

https://www.quanthockey.com/ahl/en/player-age/20-year-old-ahl-players.html

Yeah I'm gonna hang onto Quinn Hughes.  Thanks for coming out.

Lots of outstanding players who had long careers on that list.  You like the status quo, nothing wrong with that, but there's going to be big changes as the new management team gets to craft the lineup the way they see it, and without emotional attachment to the assets the team has.  It's highly unlikely Hughes gets moved, but this is a thread about NJ's second OA being in play and if Van was interested, the only player NJ would take would be Hughes.......hence the discussion of what an acceptable package might look like.

If you're fine with the status quo, why do you come into threads about trades?

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

And LE was an elite player for a long time before he got to Van

Define elite.

Id say he was a good winger with a decent shot.  
He only hit 30 goals twice. 
73 points one time.  

During that time he still played with similar emotion to what we saw in Van, just with better results.  

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Lots of outstanding players who had long careers on that list.  You like the status quo, nothing wrong with that, but there's going to be big changes as the new management team gets to craft the lineup the way they see it, and without emotional attachment to the assets the team has.  It's highly unlikely Hughes gets moved, but this is a thread about NJ's second OA being in play and if Van was interested, the only player NJ would take would be Hughes.......hence the discussion of what an acceptable package might look like.

If you're fine with the status quo, why do you come into threads about trades?

No I'm fine with keeping the best and most dynamic defenceman this franchise has ever seen and one that is constantly improving his craft to be a potential Norris candidate in the future.  

I'd you're fine throwing that away for a couple magic beans and a good top 4 dman, good for you.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

And LE was an elite player for a long time before he got to Van

Holy talk about trying to push the limits to argue your point lmfao.  LE was now considered ELITE ??? :lol::picard:

The only trade I’d consider for Hughes is if it included Bedard. Trading the best defenceman we’ve ever had for anything else would be a really big mistake. Hughes is a very rare and special talent. I’d much rather have one all star then 3 or 4 great players. Quality > quantity imo.

• Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

The only trade I’d consider for Hughes is if it included Bedard. Trading the best defenceman we’ve ever had for anything else would be a really big mistake. Hughes is a very rare and special talent. I’d much rather have one all star then 3 or 4 great players. Quality > quantity imo.

Can’t even believe we’re talking about trading Hughes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I definitely don’t want to, but if someone offers Bedard + you at least need to consider it. That said anything else and I’m hanging up the phone if I’m GM.

I may trade Hughes for Makar.

No one else.

54 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Can’t even believe we’re talking about trading Hughes. 

Well that's the kinds of conversations adults have.

You're in a thread discussing the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft from the NJ DevilHughes. Of course that's going to come up.

• Haha 1