The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Darnell Nurse suspended 1 game

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Stech said:

Even the Oilers fanbase is souring on him, and they have him locked up at 9.25 million for 7? more years :lol:

The extension hasn’t even started yet, so it’s 8 more years at $9.25M.

Funny how everyone is down on OEL’s contract, but his ends when he’s the same age as Nurse will be (35).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Surprised by all the LA support

I will never cheer for any California Team (Even against any located in Canada) myself

But

Neither of these teams will go far, so there is that:rolleyes:

I found myself cheering for the Kings last night and I've never liked them before.  I think it has something to do with the opponent and living thru the 80's

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Surprised by all the LA support

I will never cheer for any California Team (Even against any located in Canada) myself

But

Neither of these teams will go far, so there is that:rolleyes:

You're surprised to see people cheering for Edler and Stecher against a gutless team with Kane, McDiver, Nurse, Smith?  Kassian is literally the only respectable Oiler.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're surprised to see people cheering for Edler and Stecher against a gutless team with Kane, McDiver, Nurse, Smith?  Kassian is literally the only respectable Oiler.

I could pull for Edler and Stetcher but still not the Kings (Oilers as well)

I guess that is just me and me alone :unsure:

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Kassian is a pretty low bar for respectability  ::D

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

We're not cheering for LA to win, we're cheering for Edmonton to lose.

Exactly. Although I'm torn, since I typically cheer for any remaining Canadian teams left as I want so badly to see the cup come home.

But with the Oilers, it's fascinating to see them continue to be unable to put a cup team together after so many years and so many golden opportunities to do so. I think I just want to see McJesus finally throw his gloves down and say "f this, No more." and watch him walk. Then I'd probably be satisfied.

Toronto is the other team I can't get around - but for different reasons. I am just so sick of sports media (TSN in particular) catering so heavily to Leafs fans. It's just another example where Torontonians seem to think they are the center of the universe and it drives me nuts. The end desired result is the same as it is with Edmonton for me though, whereas I just want to see them fail miserably yet again, and to watch their media turn on them. Yet again.

But really - I DO want to see the cup come to Canada. If it was Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, or the Winnipeg, no problem.

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I could pull for Edler and Stetcher but still not the Kings (Oilers as well)

I guess that is just me and me alone :unsure:

Nah... I don't like Kings neither... But I hate them both. Hope Kings knocks Oilers out but then gets knocked out in the next round...

• Cheers 1