The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks' dismiss 5 more staff, this time from Human Performance - including Roger Takahashi

Rate this topic

Ilya Mikheyev

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I think you're the only person (maybe in the entire world?) who thinks the Sedins have an ego problem and that the Grind was just a way of them inflating that.

Maybe I am, I can live with that.

Maybe I disagree with the management putting the Sedins and other players in that situation.

Re a rigged event....anyone has the opportunity to go. It's not like it was their own private venue...they just made good use of it. A good way for them to exercise while enjoying the outdoors...nothing suspect.

Does that actually  make any sense to you?

I have nothing against them using the Grind for their personal workout routine

Again, its not about the Sedins as much as it is about management

If the same 2 guys win it every year and everyone else just thinks its a pain, change it up

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

If the Gudbransons and Sestitos had trouble with the Grind it kind of disputes your argument that it isn't a good measure of fitness. I'd say that kind of proves my point and I bet if those guys did it regularly, they'd improve over time.

Anyhow, done...have stuff to do. The Sedins are likely the most humble players ever so I really don't know why you're trying to paint a different picture of them. Good luck with that.

50 minutes ago, lmm said:

these 2 statements seem incongruent 

I can’t do anything about that, I only made one of the statements.

In the video that accompanies my comment Dan Murphy says at 1:30 that they had to start and finish as a team and you see  (Gaunce?) pushing his teammate uphill. So definitely team building IMO. On a side note I have only seen videos of the Canucks prospects doing the GG so Daniel and Henrik quite possibly did it for their own benefit on their own time as well. Does anyone recollect the full team doing it?

In any case bringing the conversation full circle to my original comment wondering where the Sedins fit into these firings, even though I might disagree with you about the fitness level of the twins, perhaps they thought this was an area the team needed to improve also. After all they had a close personal relationship with these people so either they agreed with the firings or they were over-ruled. It’s entirely possible that you and the Sedins share the same opinion.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Nope we do it as a team building exercise. But your right, I  hope going forward they just find a hill and do 60 second sprint intervals as a team for their team building instead. -_-

Or, just do both?

One is a team building exercise, and the other is a conditioning exercise. The conditioning exercise can be almost anywhere and would be part of an off season training routine.

regards,  G.

8 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Or, just do both?

One is a team building exercise, and the other is a conditioning exercise. The conditioning exercise can be almost anywhere and would be part of an off season training routine.

regards,  G.

Will I should sincerely hope that players are doing sprint intervals training in the offseason. This conversation stems from someone claiming the grind is not good for training in the off season, which I'm rebutting as false.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

22 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Your trolling the twins is falling short. Maybe do your own research.

Grammatical Error:

You're trolling, is what that should read.

Wish everybody would quit biting and quoting this troll; it negates the benefits of the "Ignore" function.

Edited by Goal:thecup
quit not quite, as identified
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Grammatical Error:

Wish everybody would quite biting and quoting this troll; it negates the benefits of the "Ignore" function.

No, I didn't mean "you are" I meant "your".

There are points to be made that do relate to the topic so that factored in. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Grammatical Error:

Wish everybody would quite biting and quoting this troll; it negates the benefits of the "Ignore" function.

You did mean “quit”… right?

…and also… did you just call a mod a troll?

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 3

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

I gotta quit posting.

Too grumpy.

Here's something:

T'ranna is out in the first round!

Ok so that’s why you’re grumpy and “tranna” trade all our boys.

Got it.

Deb, talking to troll, "Your trolling (of) the Sedins" etc.

Me, trying to be funny, suggested "You're trolling" implying the poster was a troll.

"Oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood" - The Animals, Eric Burden (I think).

Shutting up now.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1