The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane suspended 1 game

Rate this topic

I though either 2 or 3, given the league admits injury, which should have meant a game misconduct for that game.

Had Kane been tossed for the remainder of that game, I'd be ok with an additional single game.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kane cost the Oilers game 3.  Selfish penalty that killed his team’s momentum.  Now he can be play selfishly on a new team next season.  

Boston or Philly?

Firstly, I think Kane got off light. If you're trying to protect players and take dangerous plays out of the game that is a textbook garbage, dirty play. I understand one game in the playoffs is consider = 2 games regular season, and I don't know if Kane has been suspended before, but still, those kind of hits can end careers, if not break a person's neck.

The fact the NHL gives only one game is ridiculous, and in my view garbage. Allow clean, hard hits, dirty cheap shots, hits to the head, throw the book at players.

I would like to see a rule change in the NHL where if a player is hurt on a dirty hit or play that is suspension worthy, that the offending player sits as long as the player who got hurt did.

End a career, you end yours....perhaps players will then think before they take dirty shots at people.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Firstly, I think Kane got off light. If you're trying to protect players and take dangerous plays out of the game that is a textbook garbage, dirty play. I understand one game in the playoffs is consider = 2 games regular season, and I don't know if Kane has been suspended before, but still, those kind of hits can end careers, if not break a person's neck.

The fact the NHL gives only one game is ridiculous, and in my view garbage. Allow clean, hard hits, dirty cheap shots, hits to the head, throw the book at players.

I would like to see a rule change in the NHL where if a player is hurt on a dirty hit or play that is suspension worthy, that the offending player sits as long as the player who got hurt did.

End a career, you end yours....perhaps players will then think before they take dirty shots at people.

I have severe misgivings about this based on some players being extremely fragile or near the end of their career anyway.  What does need to happen is a serious crackdown for repeat offenders that offers a path to a lifetime ban if the player can't figure it out.   Realistically the decision needs to be taken away from the NHL since they've demonstrated an absolute refusal to act with any integrity whatsoever.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Thing is it was a selfish play by a selfish player - team is up 1-0 in a must win game and you take a dumb penalty like that. Jay Woodcroft is out to lunch when he said Kane would be available for game 4 - maybe game 4 of next year lol. Oiler fans need to look at this as if it was Tkachuk doing that to McDavid - guarantee they wouldn't be saying it's a hockey play. Maybe NHL players need that stop sign on the back of their jersey like in minor hockey so they clue in when a hit is reckless and unwarranted.

• Upvote 1