The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

10 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Malkin's a bit old for what JR/PA are looking for isn't he? If we're going for an all russian line, let's get Barbashev out of St. Louis instead.

Malkins still an elite player. Dont think age matters when you are still this good.

The team needs a proven winner like malkin.  

9 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Malkins still an elite player. Dont think age matters when you are still this good.

The team needs a proven winner like malkin.  

Fair point. It'll have to be quite the offer that we probably couldn't afford to keep him from resigning in Pittsburgh though... we still have Miller too.

2 hours ago, J-P said:

It's a win no matter how you slice it. Think Allvin maybe had more to do with this than most realize.

And just like Johanson - he is a FREE asset.  Really, hope Kuz plays lights out - earns his next contract and makes the decision of trading some important players, a lot easier to do

Edited by ShawnAntoski

10 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Garland is on an excellent contract and would have been a 70 PT player last season IF he had power play time.. IMO Boeser and Miller should both be gone before Garland. Miller we cant afford his contract demands (most likely) and Boeser is slow, injury prone and also makes too much.

Miller and Boeser should get us decent returns while freeing up 11 million in cap. 

Yup

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Boeser

Podkolzin - Horvat - Garland

Boudreau is an outstanding person, his commitment to the players.  Re-sign him until he's 80, why not.  

Miller should fetch a RD+

Having Ovi speaking highly of Bruce, will be a nice selling point as well to Russian players. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

Haven't heard of Kuz so I didnt bother watching his highlights in case I was disappointed that he signed elsewhere. Wow just saw his highlights from last year. Good strong skating 2 way player with low centre of gravity making skilled plays. 

He was in Boeser's position on the PP and looked really good. Lots of plays.to the bumper from behind the goal line. 

I love Boes but his days may be numbered here.  Obviously he hasn't proven anything yet but it looks like he is a much faster and aggressive player than Boeser. 

If they give him PP time, I feel like he'll make the most of it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Canucks retain Tryamkin's rights until July 1, 2022...

Which is a week and a half from now.

Lets just says he’s a UFA. We won’t be retaining his rights and he’ll be free to sign with anyone shortly.

2 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

For every person that said that there was likely level headed people tempering expectations but those didn't stick out in your mind. 

Of course it doesn’t stick. It’s normal to have tempered expectation. It’s not normal to be trashing a player because he was likely to join another team. It’s call petty. Just like all the coilers fan trashing on him now that he signs with the canucks 

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is a week and a half from now.

Lets just says he’s a UFA. We won’t be retaining his rights and he’ll be free to sign with anyone shortly.

Correct but given his unfamiliarity with North America, and his lack of comfort with it, I would think coming back to Vancouver (if he wants to return to the NHL) would be high on his list (particularly given new mgmt, coaching and a couple of Russian buddies who he seems to know well given his IG likes)....

As a result, I would think, if Alvin and JR are smart enough to try and bring him back, they are likely in a strong position to do so, particularly with this signing and the success and happiness of Podz here.

• Cheers 1