The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

And if Toronto had signed him:

"Big, strong on the puck and can protect low. Great pace to his game ... 200' player that can help Matthews on the rush. He'll have instant chemistry with the other higher-skilled guys."

A bigger version of Hogz ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Jester13 said:

Kuzmenko thread and you left him out of the lineup?

He’s also got Buffalo trading Tuch (who they specifically targeted as he’s from there and excited to play for his hometown team), and Copp signing with Van to play on the 3rd line.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

One thing to note.

As Alvin and JR continue to show they are capable of making successful moves from positions of weakness (ie moving Hamonic for a 3rd, now signing the most prized non NHL UFA, after a tough season and lots of things still in flux - and lets not underestimate what they just pulled off...its significant given where our team is vs the competition for him)....it sends a STRONG message to the existing players.

They say wow, we have real management here now. And maybe things are going to get a hell of alot better really soon, and I love this city...so maybe taking less money isn't so bad.

What happens when you're at a great company, with great leadership, and you like who you work with, and enjoy your work? Does money become the top priority? No

Money is usually the top priority only for those who are obsessed by it, or who hate where they work and its the only thing keeping them there. Many athletes are the same. Yes some are money obsessed, but many are focused on winning, liking the city they're in and getting paid fairly, but not always to the top dollar.

I do believe, this move is going to send a signal to Bo, Miller and Boeser, that, hey trust in us, take a little less, we're going to build the team around you. But you need to take less so we can.

These are the types of moves that players get excited about, just  as we are, because its sending a signal that management is going to do their job, not just yammer about it.

I suspect Bo, Miller and Boeser are probably thinking a bit differently today than they were yesterday. And if so, kudo's to Alvin and JR.

Thoroughly impressed by what they've achieved already in such a small window of time. It's making me excited and optimistic again to be a Canucks fan!

Famous last words! haha

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Because all players coming from the KHL has had successful transactions into the NHL.

Gusev and Shipachyov were arguably better players, but never had the success they had playing in the KHL.

Shipachyov only played 3 games in the NHL then went back to KHL.

Gusev had 44 points in 66 games his first season. He most of had injuries the next two seasons because he only played 20 and 11 games. 

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Having seen far more Gusevs than I have Kaprizovs or Panarins I will temper my expectations ala Shirokov as opposed to relegating him to Boesers slot and a confirmed top 6 role

For sure, but sure feels good to us win one for once! And its a nice endorsement of our new management team...they are good enough to draw the most coveted non nhl ufa to us despite a rough season and a team still in flux. When you consider how many teams wanted him, its a very nice sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Boeser is a year younger and has averaged .79 points per game in more games. He is one of the top 15 RW in the league. Tuch has a .56 points per game.   If you think Tuch is worth more than Boeser, you are watching a different sport than me.

Tuch is a heck of a power forward dude. He can skate and hit, and while Boeser has put up better numbers over his career, he's often hurt and slow.

The point was you're not getting Tuch and Buffalo's high first...so no I'm watching the same game, just on earth not mars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So with Kuzmenko on board now, how do our lines shape up with the current guys?

In no particular order:

Pods, Petey, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Bo, Garland

Pearson, Miller, Hogs

Who is out?  

Miller on the 3rd is a slap in the face..Pearson, Garland, Boeser..choose one.

• Like 1