The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Ryan McDonagh TB soon to be traded

RWJC

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I just mean in terms of expensive and older age players... it makes me chuckle how any other team is confident they can move on from them. The vibe in Vancouver is we could never get rid of that same type of player. Impossible, will never happen ect. Haha

We literally dumped 3 of them last off season. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We literally dumped 3 of them last off season. 

Dump is a strong word when you include the 9th and a high 2nd while taking on another anchor deal, granted I don't think oel is an anchor at all just the stigma around his contract

2 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

bit of a beat up but still serviceable player... wonder if he goes back to the Rangers

Ranger have there own UFA players to sign Copp 27, Strome 28..Rangers D men are decent..Rangers won't sign McDonagh 33 yrs old 4yrs X 6.7 BIG NO

9 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yes he is 33 yrs old with 4 years left X 6.7 million... Will be hard to move ..

Poolparty for McDonagh if he agrees to waive could work for both sides.  Edmonton desperately needs to find a second NHL defenseman other than Nurse, and they could use the leadership as well.  Maybe he can teach their gutless captain how to play like a man.  Tampa gains capspace and gets a talented player for a potential bargain.

Edited by King Heffy

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

They're $2M over the cap.  Moving Mcdonaugh brings them around $5M under the cap.

Palat + Paul + Ruuta?  Probably $9M+ AAV in total

So now they're back $4M+ over the cap.

They'd have to do more...

There current cap hit of 84.5m includes Seabrook's 6.8m contract, so they will be able to get about 4.8m in LTIR relief...

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Might Yzerman re acquire him Detroit ?  3yrs of McDonough of a still solid player with championship pedigree, to mentor - but will Yzerman be willing to lose asset(s) and cap ?  Or will Tampa sell low for the cap ?

That's actually an interesting fit. Makes sense for Detroit, as they need a quality, veteran, top-pairing LD to mentor Seider. And McDonagh gets to play with an up-and-coming star, closer to home (Minnesota), on a team with enough young talent to contend in the near future.

I don't think Tampa will get much for him, but they also shouldn't have to pay to move him.

Edited by D-Money

42 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That's actually an interesting fit. Makes sense for Detroit, as they need a quality, veteran, top-pairing LD to mentor Seider. And McDonagh gets to play with an up-and-coming star, closer to home (Minnesota), on a team with enough young talent to contend in the near future.

I don't think Tampa will get much for him, but they also shouldn't have to pay to move him.

Imo, Tampa will take whatever for the cap space - instead of paying a team to take him on; and if Yzerman does do a deal with Tampa (his old team), it will perhaps be similar to a future consideration type deal.....

Edited by ShawnAntoski