The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Mike Yeo, Trent Cull as assistant coaches; name Jeremy Colliton as Abbotsford head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Again, I can see the possibility of that.  But this management group included Bruce in their talks to get Kuzmenko.  They appear to encourage input in all their decisions.  I don’t see any reason (other than speculation) to support they didn’t include BB in the discussion of assistant coaches.  Sure, there could be a succession plan, but that’s only smart to think ahead.  It doesn’t have to be Benning behaviour.  

So, I’m not disagreeing with your speculation.  I’m saying that there isn’t any proof that this group doesn’t do things without input from others.  In fact there’s a lot of proof that’s exactly how they do things.  They are very collaborative.  

lol i mean they have to include bruce in the kuzmenko talk.. like if you are recruiting once of the most sort after player.. and you don't even bring in the head coach to pitch to the player.. what does that say. all of the assistant they brought in i'm not looking forward to.. not a fan of yeo never was never will be.. and trent cull i personally don't think he did anything worthy of getting a promotion to the NHL. i'm happy with their player related moves so far.. their coaching decision is still baffling including the end of season talk by JR about Bruce.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

As a head coach he was not good.

But my thought is someone clearly thought his work as an assistant was good enough to take a chance on him as a head coach. Sometimes certain guys are just better as assistants though.

Cant really use his head coaching ability as a basis for what he can do as Boudreau’s assistant.

Fair enough. He does give me a very punch-able face vibe though. Can't explain why

2 hours ago, TheCammer said:

Yeo sucks. Not a great fit in my opinion. I could be wrong but there's a reason this guy keeps getting fired.

Why Mike Yeo failed in Minnesota - Hockey Wilderness

Ironically, that article you cited gives a very clear indication of why Yeo was hired and a good fit as an assistant on this team:

Yeo's defensive system was, and should be, heralded throughout the league, but there is a legitimate question to be asked if players can maintain that high-pressure forecheck and defensive puck pressure over an 82 game schedule.

JR wanted more defensive structure: Yeo is a guy who can bring that.

Yeo's weakness has always been on the offensive side of the game--the Flyers had big issues on that front last season as well.  But Yeo won't be the head guy here and likely won't have to worry about the offence.

28 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Never liked Yeo's style in Minn but heck that was 10 years ago almost since he left. 50/50 sure glad Bruce is still here. If Yep does take over hope he listens up while Bruce is still here.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, awalk said:

Why are you bringing up Gillis? I said nothing about Gillis lmao 

I am aware you are a Benning homer, I don't really care at this point.

Oh? So if this was in fact that case, why bring it up?

I am not a 'homer'. This just proves that you see what you want to see. Benning's failures are not a mystery. There's disagreement on what exactly he failed. I don't expect you to see the shades of grey. You're pretty incapable of doing that.

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Oh? So if this was in fact that case, why bring it up?

I am not a 'homer'. This just proves that you see what you want to see. Benning's failures are not a mystery. There's disagreement on what exactly he failed. I don't expect you to see the shades of grey. You're pretty incapable of doing that.

You are much definately a Benning Homer.

You don’t care about the Canucks.

If you cared about the Canucks you really like that Benning is gone.

Allvin will never do such idiotic mistakes Benning did communicating with both media and players. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You are much definately a Benning Homer.

You don’t care about the Canucks.

If you cared about the Canucks you really like that Benning is gone.

Allvin will never do such idiotic mistakes Benning did communicating with both media and players. 

I hear Allvin is high on Dahlen.... 

:bigblush:

On 7/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, North Kariya said:

Yeo on Sportsnet today said this was staged.   His assistants told him the boys needed a shake up.  He got sent back out to to do more tantrums when they didn't think it was enough.  In the end, the team got on a run and made the playoffs. 

[Halford & Brough in the Morning] Hour 3 - Mike Yeo joins Halford and Brough #halfordBroughInTheMorning 

https://podcastaddict.com/episode/142024986 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1